EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed German writer-director Katrin Gebbe. Her directorial debut Nothing Bad Can Happen (Tore Tanzt) made its world premiere in the Un Certain Regard section at Cannes and the film was a runner-up for the Un Certain Regard Award and Camera d’Or. Gebbe wrote the script, about a young Christian punk who moves in with a family and becomes the target of a cruel game designed to test his faith. It was acquired by Drafthouse Films for a multiplatform release. Hengahmeh Panahi at Celluloid Dreams handled worldwide sales on the film. Gebbe attended the Academy of Visual Arts and Design in the Netherlands and got her master’s degree in directing at the Hamburg Media School. Her short Sores & Sirin won the European Union’s Young CIVIS Media Prize and qualified for the Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film.
UTA Signs German Helmer Katrin Gebbe Out Of Cannes
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: On 'Birdman,' Sony PR Tsuris, Mike Nichols And Bill Cosby
- Hobbit Sings Sweet Farewell To Middle Earth
- Charles Sipkins Exiting Sony As Corporate PR Head
- Jean-Marc Vallee To Direct Amy Adams In Janis Joplin Biopic
- Katee Sackhoff Gets 'Girl Flu'
- Richard Linklater Cast For Career Achievement Award