EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed German writer-director Katrin Gebbe. Her directorial debut Nothing Bad Can Happen (Tore Tanzt) made its world premiere in the Un Certain Regard section at Cannes and the film was a runner-up for the Un Certain Regard Award and Camera d’Or. Gebbe wrote the script, about a young Christian punk who moves in with a family and becomes the target of a cruel game designed to test his faith. It was acquired by Drafthouse Films for a multiplatform release. Hengahmeh Panahi at Celluloid Dreams handled worldwide sales on the film. Gebbe attended the Academy of Visual Arts and Design in the Netherlands and got her master’s degree in directing at the Hamburg Media School. Her short Sores & Sirin won the European Union’s Young CIVIS Media Prize and qualified for the Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film.
UTA Signs German Helmer Katrin Gebbe Out Of Cannes
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Legendary's 'Skull Island'; Tom Hiddleston Stars, Jordan Vogt-Roberts Helms King Kong Origin Tale
- Skydance Productions Names Larry Wasserman CFO
- Universal Reuniting Matt Damon & Paul Greengrass For Another Jason Bourne Film
- Bart & Fleming: On Football Violence, And Rethinking Toronto Vs. Telluride Turf War
- What Was I Thinking? IFC President Jonathan Sehring On Funding 'Boyhood' For 12 Years
- Ashley Judd & Demian Bichir Join Voltage's 'Good Kids'