EXCLUSIVE: UTA has signed German writer-director Katrin Gebbe. Her directorial debut Nothing Bad Can Happen (Tore Tanzt) made its world premiere in the Un Certain Regard section at Cannes and the film was a runner-up for the Un Certain Regard Award and Camera d’Or. Gebbe wrote the script, about a young Christian punk who moves in with a family and becomes the target of a cruel game designed to test his faith. It was acquired by Drafthouse Films for a multiplatform release. Hengahmeh Panahi at Celluloid Dreams handled worldwide sales on the film. Gebbe attended the Academy of Visual Arts and Design in the Netherlands and got her master’s degree in directing at the Hamburg Media School. Her short Sores & Sirin won the European Union’s Young CIVIS Media Prize and qualified for the Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film.
UTA Signs German Helmer Katrin Gebbe Out Of Cannes
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Film News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance