In a summer where Dwayne Johnson seems to be everywhere the blockbuster star hit the small screen last night with the debut of The Hero on TNT. With just over 1.5 million viewers tuning in at 8 PM for the reality competition series hosted by the Fast & Furious 6 actor, The Hero had a solid debut. Last night’s premiere was down from the 1.6 million viewers that now-cancelled The Great Escape garnered when it premiered on June 24, 2012, at 10 PM. But unlike TNT’s first attempt at an original unscripted show, The Hero did not have the third episode of Season 2 of the alien-invasion drama Falling Skies as a lead-in nor Game 1 of the NBA Finals as competition. Over two plays on Thursday, the Electus produced show pulled in a little more than 2.1 million viewers. Among Adults 18-49, the 8 PM debut of The Hero had 855,000 viewers. That’s TNT’s best unscripted premiere result in the key demo and its median age of 39 is the lowest the network has ever had for a series launch. The premiere also drew 832,000 viewers in the Adults 25-54 demo.
TNT’s Dwayne Johnson Drama ‘The Hero’ Starts Off Solid With 1.5M Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest TV News
- Battling Republicans On CBS Fuel Highest-Rated Debate Of 2016
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Melissa McCarthy
- Video – Kanye West & Kyle Mooney’s Rap Duel: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood’s Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: ‘Saturday Night Live…
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- ‘Purity’ Drama Starring Daniel Craig From Scott Rudin Eyes Series Order