In a summer where Dwayne Johnson seems to be everywhere the blockbuster star hit the small screen last night with the debut of The Hero on TNT. With just over 1.5 million viewers tuning in at 8 PM for the reality competition series hosted by the Fast & Furious 6 actor, The Hero had a solid debut. Last night’s premiere was down from the 1.6 million viewers that now-cancelled The Great Escape garnered when it premiered on June 24, 2012, at 10 PM. But unlike TNT’s first attempt at an original unscripted show, The Hero did not have the third episode of Season 2 of the alien-invasion drama Falling Skies as a lead-in nor Game 1 of the NBA Finals as competition. Over two plays on Thursday, the Electus produced show pulled in a little more than 2.1 million viewers. Among Adults 18-49, the 8 PM debut of The Hero had 855,000 viewers. That’s TNT’s best unscripted premiere result in the key demo and its median age of 39 is the lowest the network has ever had for a series launch. The premiere also drew 832,000 viewers in the Adults 25-54 demo.
TNT’s Dwayne Johnson Drama ‘The Hero’ Starts Off Solid With 1.5M Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ABC Buys Legal Drama ‘Conviction’ From Mark Gordon Company As Put Pilot
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS