TNT’s detective and medical examiner team-up series returned last night for a fourth season up double digits in viewership and the key demos. At 9 PM, Rizzoli & Isles pulled in 6.6 million viewers, with 2.3 million adults 25-54 and 1.8 million adults 18-49. That’s an 18% rise in viewers, 19% in 25-54 and 17% in 18-49 compared with the Season 3 premiere June 5, 2012. Additionally the series can put in its cap that Tuesday’s results make Rizzoli & Isles the top telecast so far of the summer on basic cable in viewers and adults 25-54. Things were not on the rise at lead-out Perception on a new night. Back for a second season, the crime drama starring Eric McCormack garnered 4 million viewers with 1.2 million adults 25-54 and 1 million adults 18-49. That’s down from the 5.6 million viewers who tuned in for the Season 1 debut of Perception on July 9, 2012 with The Closer as its lead-in. In terms of the demo, the show dipped last night from the 1.5 million in 25-54 and 1.1 million in adults 18-49 who watched the series premiere last summer on a Monday night.
TNT’s ‘Rizzoli & Isles’ Returns Strong,’Perception’ Dips
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Patten
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit
- MPAA Hits “Shameful” Google Over Sony Hacking Revelations – Update
- Sundance 2015: Edgar Wright, Cary Fukunaga & Jonathan Nolan Among Fest's Jury Members
- Sony Hit With Third Hacking Class Action Lawsuit By “Left In The Dark” Ex-Employees