TNT’s detective and medical examiner team-up series returned last night for a fourth season up double digits in viewership and the key demos. At 9 PM, Rizzoli & Isles pulled in 6.6 million viewers, with 2.3 million adults 25-54 and 1.8 million adults 18-49. That’s an 18% rise in viewers, 19% in 25-54 and 17% in 18-49 compared with the Season 3 premiere June 5, 2012. Additionally the series can put in its cap that Tuesday’s results make Rizzoli & Isles the top telecast so far of the summer on basic cable in viewers and adults 25-54. Things were not on the rise at lead-out Perception on a new night. Back for a second season, the crime drama starring Eric McCormack garnered 4 million viewers with 1.2 million adults 25-54 and 1 million adults 18-49. That’s down from the 5.6 million viewers who tuned in for the Season 1 debut of Perception on July 9, 2012 with The Closer as its lead-in. In terms of the demo, the show dipped last night from the 1.5 million in 25-54 and 1.1 million in adults 18-49 who watched the series premiere last summer on a Monday night.
TNT’s ‘Rizzoli & Isles’ Returns Strong,’Perception’ Dips
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- Michael Jackson Estate Claims ABC Didn’t Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer
- ‘The House Of The Spirits’ TV Series Based On Isabel Allende Novel In Works At Hulu From FilmNation Entertainment
- Bill Hader & Alec Berg Bringing ‘Barry’ To Produced By Conference
- ESPN Confirms Expanded Deal For UFC Rights, Elbowing Out Fox
- ‘Watchmen’: Regina King, Don Johnson, Louis Gossett Jr., Andrew Howard Among Six Cast In Damon Lindelof’s HBO…
- ‘Married At First Sight’ To Anchor Lifetime’s New Tuesday Relationship Block