Amy Savitsky has been promoted to SVP Program Development reporting to TLC‘s General Manager, Amy Winter. Savitsky will continue to lead TLC’s East Coast development efforts, while also expanding her responsibilities to include overseeing production of select programming. She is based in the company’s Silver Spring, MD headquarters. Savitsky most recently served as VP Development for TLC. Since joining the network in 2011, Savitsky has shepherded in several new series including Family S.O.S. With Jo Frost, Breaking Amish, Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, and My 600lb Life. Previously Savitsky held several roles within Discovery Communications, including VP of Development for the Discovery Channel and Director of Development for Discovery Health. Before that she was the Story Editor at DreamWorks SKG.
TLC Ups Amy Savitsky To SVP Program Development
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Team
- Embeth Davidtz & Jack Noseworthy Join 'Marilyn' Miniseries; 'Lumen' Pilot Rounds Out Cast
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM