EXCLUSIVE: Producer-distributor LD Entertainment is planning a fall festival run and a September 27, 2013 release for Therese, directed and written by Charlie Stratton and starring Elizabeth Olsen, Tom Felton, Jessica Lange and Oscar Isaac. An Oscar campaign is also planned for the romantic thriller based on the Emile Zola novel Therese Raquin, which is set in the lower depths of 1860s Paris. Therese (Olsen) is a sexually repressed woman trapped into a loveless marriage to her sickly cousin Camille (Felton) by her domineering aunt, Madame Raquin (Lange). After she meets her husband’s alluring friend, Laurent (Isaac), she embarks on an illicit affair that leads to tragic consequences. Shirley Henderson, John Kavanagh, Mackenzie Crook and Matt Lucas co-star. LD’s Mickey Liddell and Pete Shilaimon produced the pic with William Horberg. Exclusive Media is repping international rights.
LD Entertainment To Release Elizabeth Olsen-Starrer ‘Therese’ On Sept 27
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company