EXCLUSIVE: Producer-distributor LD Entertainment is planning a fall festival run and a September 27, 2013 release for Therese, directed and written by Charlie Stratton and starring Elizabeth Olsen, Tom Felton, Jessica Lange and Oscar Isaac. An Oscar campaign is also planned for the romantic thriller based on the Emile Zola novel Therese Raquin, which is set in the lower depths of 1860s Paris. Therese (Olsen) is a sexually repressed woman trapped into a loveless marriage to her sickly cousin Camille (Felton) by her domineering aunt, Madame Raquin (Lange). After she meets her husband’s alluring friend, Laurent (Isaac), she embarks on an illicit affair that leads to tragic consequences. Shirley Henderson, John Kavanagh, Mackenzie Crook and Matt Lucas co-star. LD’s Mickey Liddell and Pete Shilaimon produced the pic with William Horberg. Exclusive Media is repping international rights.
LD Entertainment To Release Elizabeth Olsen-Starrer ‘Therese’ On Sept 27
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- ‘All The Money In The World’ Posters: Severed Ear, No Spacey
- Paramount Pictures Taps Writer Barbara Curry For Dating App Killer Feature ‘Gasp’