The Weinstein Co. closed a multi-territory deal in Cannes for Suite Française, produced by eOne and TF1 DA. Principal photography started this week on the WWII drama that will shoot in Brussels and Paris. Michelle Williams, Mathias Schoenaerts, Kristin Scott Thomas and Sam Riley were already aboard with Margot Robbie (The Wolf Of Wall Street), Ruth Wilson (The Lone Ranger) and Alexandra Maria Lara (Rush) now joining the 15M euro project. It’s adapted from Irene Nemirovsky’s novel about a young French woman who falls for a German officer in Nazi-occupied France. Director Saul Dibb (The Duchess) penned the adaptation with co-writer Matt Charman. Film is a France/UK/Belgium co-production. TF1 has French rights, eOne has the UK, Spain and Canada and TWC took rights for the U.S., Latin America, Australia, Russia and Germany. BBC Films is also a backer. EOne’s Xavier Marchand, TF1’s Romain Brémond and Qwerty Films’ Michael Kuhn and Andrea Cornwell produce. Harvey Weinstein and BBC Films’ Christine Langan are exec producers.
Margot Robbie, Ruth Wilson, Alexandra Maria Lara Join Weinstein Co.’s ‘Suite Française’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Venice: Thelma Schoonmaker On Working With Martin Scorsese, 'Silence' & Preserving Michael Powell's Legacy
- Weinstein Co Acquires 'Roald Dahl's Esio Trot' With Judi Dench & Dustin Hoffman
- Hot Venice Clip: James Franco's 'The Sound And The Fury'
- N Korea Warns UK Over C4 Political Thriller: “Anti-DPRK Hysteria” Would Bring “Disgrace And Self-Destruction”
- Venice: Lars Von Trier Speaks, Sort Of; Helmer Prepping English-Language TV Series, Eyes “Huge Cast”
- 'X Factor UK' With Returning Simon Cowell Sheds 1M+ Viewers On Sunday (Video)