The Weinstein Co. closed a multi-territory deal in Cannes for Suite Française, produced by eOne and TF1 DA. Principal photography started this week on the WWII drama that will shoot in Brussels and Paris. Michelle Williams, Mathias Schoenaerts, Kristin Scott Thomas and Sam Riley were already aboard with Margot Robbie (The Wolf Of Wall Street), Ruth Wilson (The Lone Ranger) and Alexandra Maria Lara (Rush) now joining the 15M euro project. It’s adapted from Irene Nemirovsky’s novel about a young French woman who falls for a German officer in Nazi-occupied France. Director Saul Dibb (The Duchess) penned the adaptation with co-writer Matt Charman. Film is a France/UK/Belgium co-production. TF1 has French rights, eOne has the UK, Spain and Canada and TWC took rights for the U.S., Latin America, Australia, Russia and Germany. BBC Films is also a backer. EOne’s Xavier Marchand, TF1’s Romain Brémond and Qwerty Films’ Michael Kuhn and Andrea Cornwell produce. Harvey Weinstein and BBC Films’ Christine Langan are exec producers.
Margot Robbie, Ruth Wilson, Alexandra Maria Lara Join Weinstein Co.’s ‘Suite Française’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Cannes In Focus On Femme Filmmakers; BAFTA Seeks Comedy Scripts: Global Briefs
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role