The Weinstein Co. closed a multi-territory deal in Cannes for Suite Française, produced by eOne and TF1 DA. Principal photography started this week on the WWII drama that will shoot in Brussels and Paris. Michelle Williams, Mathias Schoenaerts, Kristin Scott Thomas and Sam Riley were already aboard with Margot Robbie (The Wolf Of Wall Street), Ruth Wilson (The Lone Ranger) and Alexandra Maria Lara (Rush) now joining the 15M euro project. It’s adapted from Irene Nemirovsky’s novel about a young French woman who falls for a German officer in Nazi-occupied France. Director Saul Dibb (The Duchess) penned the adaptation with co-writer Matt Charman. Film is a France/UK/Belgium co-production. TF1 has French rights, eOne has the UK, Spain and Canada and TWC took rights for the U.S., Latin America, Australia, Russia and Germany. BBC Films is also a backer. EOne’s Xavier Marchand, TF1’s Romain Brémond and Qwerty Films’ Michael Kuhn and Andrea Cornwell produce. Harvey Weinstein and BBC Films’ Christine Langan are exec producers.
Margot Robbie, Ruth Wilson, Alexandra Maria Lara Join Weinstein Co.’s ‘Suite Française’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?