“In 2014, the world’s greatest heroes will join forces for the biggest movie ever.” A serious boast? Not if you’re the blockheads (and bodies) that are Lego folks. The first trailer is out for The Lego Movie — written and directed by the Cloudy With A Chance Of Meatballs/21 Jump Street duo of Phil Lord & Christopher Miller — and there’s no shortage of big-name licensees to be seen including Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, even the 2002 NBA All-Stars, featuring Shaquille O’Neal in a period-correct No. 34 Lakers jersey. You might have heard of some of the folks in the voice cast of the Warner Bros–Village Roadshow toon: Chris Pratt, Will Ferrell, Elizabeth Banks, Will Arnett, Nick Offerman, Alison Brie, Charlie Day, Liam Neeson and Morgan Freeman:
Hot Trailer: ‘The Lego Movie’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure