The Weinstein Company announced today that Terence Stamp has joined Christoph Waltz, Amy Adams, Danny Huston, Krysten Ritter and Jason Schwartzman in Big Eyes. The actor will play John Canaday, the elitist and exasperated senior art critic for the New York Times in the Tim Burton-directed film based on the life of painter Margaret Keane and her husband Walter, played by Adams and Waltz. Walter took credit for his wife’s work while she remained in the background. Burton is producing the film with Lynette Howell for Electric City Entertainment, Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski. Alexander and Karaszewski wrote the screenplay for the project, on which they also are producers. Currently seen in Unfinished Song, Stamp is repped by Untitled Entertainment.
Terence Stamp Added To Tim Burton’s ‘Big Eyes’
What's Hot on Deadline
Billy Bob Thornton, Carla Juri & Charlie Hunnam Join Aaron Taylor-Johnson In 'A Million Little Pieces'
Latest Film News
- Turner & Warner Bros Team Up To Launch Movie SVOD Service FilmStruck Globally
- MoviePass Launches MoviePass Ventures: Subsidiary Will Co-Acquire Films With Distributors – Sundance
- Peter Mayle Dies: ‘A Year In Provence’ & ‘A Good Year’ Author Was 78
- Colin Firth Refuses To Work With Woody Allen In The Future
- Bradford Dillman Dies: Star Of Broadway, Film And TV Was 87
- Morgan Neville On His Mister Rogers Sundance Docu, New Netflix Series & Civility