Continuing its overseas expansion, AMC/Sundance Channel Global has partnered with DirecTV to bring Sundance Channel to the increasingly coveted Latin American territories. Beginning in September, the deal marks the first time the channel will be available in Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. It will air 24/7 in Spanish. DirecTV will also start a separate Portuguese language channel in Brazil at a later date. Prior to the Sundance kick-off, DirecTV’s Latin American network OnDirecTV will exclusively launch Sundance original series Rectify along with Jeremy Piven-starrer Mr. Selfridge.
Sundance Channel To Launch In Latin America Via DirecTV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: 'Wonder' Makes Awards Play; 'Dunkirk' Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig To Voters
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest International News
- London Police Respond To Oxford Circus Panic; Terrorism Fears Unfounded
- ‘Loveless’ Director Andrey Zvyagintsev On Filmmaking In Modern-Day Russia
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky Has Died; Charismatic Siberian Baritone Was 55