EXCLUSIVE: Solipsist Films has acquired rights to Adam Makos’ just-published WWII historical book A Higher Call for Tom Stoppard and Will Stoppard’s Deep Springs Pictures. The Stoppards (Tom is the Oscar-winning Shakespeare In Love scribe) will co-produce along side Solipsist’s Stephen L’Heureux. A Higher Call is the true story of a German fighter pilot who had a wounded American bomber and its crew in its crosshairs. It was five days before Christmas and the aviator did the unthinkable by sparing the lives of the Americans and escorting the bomber to safety. This comes as Solipsist Films is in postproduction for Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For with Robert Rodriguez. The label also will produce Undying Love at Warner Bros and Joe Carnahan directing. L’Heureux is repped by CAA and the Stoppards by Paradigm. David Vigliano reps the author.
Solipsist Films, Tom And Will Stoppard Option WWII Book ‘A Higher Call’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism
- Steve Carell Reunites With Julianne Moore In 'Freeheld'
- Paradigm Signs Joe Johnston
- Sony Pictures Locks Tom Hanks, Ron Howard For April 'Inferno' Start