EXCLUSIVE: Solipsist Films has acquired rights to Adam Makos’ just-published WWII historical book A Higher Call for Tom Stoppard and Will Stoppard’s Deep Springs Pictures. The Stoppards (Tom is the Oscar-winning Shakespeare In Love scribe) will co-produce along side Solipsist’s Stephen L’Heureux. A Higher Call is the true story of a German fighter pilot who had a wounded American bomber and its crew in its crosshairs. It was five days before Christmas and the aviator did the unthinkable by sparing the lives of the Americans and escorting the bomber to safety. This comes as Solipsist Films is in postproduction for Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For with Robert Rodriguez. The label also will produce Undying Love at Warner Bros and Joe Carnahan directing. L’Heureux is repped by CAA and the Stoppards by Paradigm. David Vigliano reps the author.
Solipsist Films, Tom And Will Stoppard Option WWII Book ‘A Higher Call’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Variety Claims Exclusive On Day-Old Deadline Scoop On Sony's 'The Interview'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation