EXCLUSIVE: Solipsist Films has acquired rights to Adam Makos’ just-published WWII historical book A Higher Call for Tom Stoppard and Will Stoppard’s Deep Springs Pictures. The Stoppards (Tom is the Oscar-winning Shakespeare In Love scribe) will co-produce along side Solipsist’s Stephen L’Heureux. A Higher Call is the true story of a German fighter pilot who had a wounded American bomber and its crew in its crosshairs. It was five days before Christmas and the aviator did the unthinkable by sparing the lives of the Americans and escorting the bomber to safety. This comes as Solipsist Films is in postproduction for Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For with Robert Rodriguez. The label also will produce Undying Love at Warner Bros and Joe Carnahan directing. L’Heureux is repped by CAA and the Stoppards by Paradigm. David Vigliano reps the author.
Solipsist Films, Tom And Will Stoppard Option WWII Book ‘A Higher Call’
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- The First ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Trailer Hits Like A Punch To The Head
- Kevin Costner To Narrate MMA Doc ‘Hurt Business’; Kickboxer Remake Sequel A Go
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film – AwardsLine Screening
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?