EXCLUSIVE: Solipsist Films has acquired rights to Adam Makos’ just-published WWII historical book A Higher Call for Tom Stoppard and Will Stoppard’s Deep Springs Pictures. The Stoppards (Tom is the Oscar-winning Shakespeare In Love scribe) will co-produce along side Solipsist’s Stephen L’Heureux. A Higher Call is the true story of a German fighter pilot who had a wounded American bomber and its crew in its crosshairs. It was five days before Christmas and the aviator did the unthinkable by sparing the lives of the Americans and escorting the bomber to safety. This comes as Solipsist Films is in postproduction for Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For with Robert Rodriguez. The label also will produce Undying Love at Warner Bros and Joe Carnahan directing. L’Heureux is repped by CAA and the Stoppards by Paradigm. David Vigliano reps the author.
Solipsist Films, Tom And Will Stoppard Option WWII Book ‘A Higher Call’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Madea' To Push Well Past $27M As 'Jack Reacher' Takes $22M to $23M; 'Joneses' Can't Keep Up - Sun. AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency