EXCLUSIVE: Solipsist Films has acquired rights to Adam Makos’ just-published WWII historical book A Higher Call for Tom Stoppard and Will Stoppard’s Deep Springs Pictures. The Stoppards (Tom is the Oscar-winning Shakespeare In Love scribe) will co-produce along side Solipsist’s Stephen L’Heureux. A Higher Call is the true story of a German fighter pilot who had a wounded American bomber and its crew in its crosshairs. It was five days before Christmas and the aviator did the unthinkable by sparing the lives of the Americans and escorting the bomber to safety. This comes as Solipsist Films is in postproduction for Frank Miller’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For with Robert Rodriguez. The label also will produce Undying Love at Warner Bros and Joe Carnahan directing. L’Heureux is repped by CAA and the Stoppards by Paradigm. David Vigliano reps the author.
Solipsist Films, Tom And Will Stoppard Option WWII Book ‘A Higher Call’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Four Studios Bidding On 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn's Short Story 'The Grownup': Hot Package Du Jour
CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
Latest Film News
- Clémence Poésy In ‘Final Portrait’ Frame; TrustNordisk Contracts Ole Bornedal’s Next – Berlin
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Jose Padilha In Negotiations To Direct ‘Entebbe’ For Working Title, Studiocanal – Berlin
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview