Mediaset chief and former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi is racking up the jail sentences. In March, he was handed a one-year jail term over an illegal wiretap, and in 2012 received a four-year sentence over fraudulent movie rights deals. He is appealing both. Today, a Milan court sentenced him to seven years in jail for paying for sex with a minor and then using his political powers to cover up the incident. The minor in question, a former teenage nightclub dancer who went by the stage name “Ruby the Heartstealer,” attended the infamous “bunga bunga” sex parties at Berlusconi’s home near Milan, Reuters notes. Berlusconi is likely to appeal and will not serve any jail time until all appeal attempts are exhausted.
Italian TV Mogul Silvio Berlusconi Convicted
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Berlin Sets Wim Wenders Homage; BBC Two Orders 'Stonemouth' & UK's First Transgender Series; More
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies