The Secret Life Of The American Teenager ended its five-season run on a high last night. With 1.50 million watching at 8 PM on Monday, the ABC Family series garnered its best regular telecast viewership since August 27, 2012. Secret Life pulled in 1.548 million viewers for that episode. A special Christmas episode on November 19, 2012 topped that with 1.588 million viewers. The all-time viewership high for the one-hour drama from 7th Heaven creator Brenda Hampton was the 4.68 million who watched the Season 2 opener on June 22, 2009. The series finale also topped its best result among W18-34 in over a year with 581,000 viewers in the demo. The last time Secret Life did that well in the demo was on April 16, 2012. Cancelled back in October, Secret Life was instrumental in putting ABC Family on the scripted map when it premiered in June 2008. As well as being the first ABC Family show to surpass 100 episodes and prove a foundation for the Disney-owned network, the series also made a star out of its lead Shailene Woodley, who went on to co-star with George Clooney in The Descendants and win a Sundance 2013 Dramatic Special Jury Award for Acting for her performance in The Spectacular Now. The fifth season of Secret Life debuted on June 11, 2012. After ending that portion of its run in late August last year, the final 12-episodes of the show started on March 18.
‘Secret Life Of The American Teenager’ Rises In Series Finale
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest TV News
- Arnold Schwarzenegger: Republican Party “Like The Titanic”; Says No Love Between Trump & California
- Paul McCartney Remembers Slain John Lennon: Celebrities On The March
- ‘March For Our Lives’ Gun Reform Rallies Take Over Media & World Stages
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’