Chris Columbus’ 1492 Pictures and Ocean Blue Entertainment have pre-emptively purchased the spec 12/24, which was written by Matt Lieberman based on an original idea from Safe House scribe David Guggenheim. Guggenheim will produce with Madhouse Entertainment. Columbus, Michael Barnathan and Mark Radcliffe will produce for 1492. The plot, in the spirit of Super 8 and Chronicle, sees two brothers who set out to prove Santa Claus is real using their home video camera. They get more than they bargained for when they end up joining Santa’s epic Christmas Eve ride. After inadvertently causing Santa’s sleigh to crash, the brothers need to work together to save Christmas. Lieberman most recently wrote Short Circuit for Dimension Films. He also wrote Disney’s Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride which just attached Peter Candeland to direct, as well as Evil Genius for the studio. Columbus, 1492 and Lieberman are repped by WME, and Lieberman additionally by Madhouse. Guggenheim is repped by Paradigm and Madhouse.
Chris Columbus’ 1492 and Ocean Blue Make Spec Deal For Santa Claus Tale ‘12/24’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Team
- Discovery Finally Kills 'Sons Of Guns' Citing “Serious And Horrific Nature Of Charges” In Star's Second Arrest
- NBC Ups Jenny Groom To SVP Alternative Programming & Development
- UPDATE: 'Cops' Crew Member Bryce Dion Dies After Being Shot During Robbery Standoff
- Now On Its Own, Millennium Entertainment Acquires David Burris' Thriller 'The World Made Straight'
- Former Discovery Exec Andrew Jackson Joins Grant Mansfield's Plimsoll Productions
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Crosses $500M In Global B.O.