Chris Columbus’ 1492 Pictures and Ocean Blue Entertainment have pre-emptively purchased the spec 12/24, which was written by Matt Lieberman based on an original idea from Safe House scribe David Guggenheim. Guggenheim will produce with Madhouse Entertainment. Columbus, Michael Barnathan and Mark Radcliffe will produce for 1492. The plot, in the spirit of Super 8 and Chronicle, sees two brothers who set out to prove Santa Claus is real using their home video camera. They get more than they bargained for when they end up joining Santa’s epic Christmas Eve ride. After inadvertently causing Santa’s sleigh to crash, the brothers need to work together to save Christmas. Lieberman most recently wrote Short Circuit for Dimension Films. He also wrote Disney’s Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride which just attached Peter Candeland to direct, as well as Evil Genius for the studio. Columbus, 1492 and Lieberman are repped by WME, and Lieberman additionally by Madhouse. Guggenheim is repped by Paradigm and Madhouse.
Chris Columbus’ 1492 and Ocean Blue Make Spec Deal For Santa Claus Tale ‘12/24’
What's Hot on Deadline
Disney ABC TV President Ben Sherwood Talks Industry "Imbalance Of Power," Shonda Rimes' Exit, State Of TV
NY Times Responds To Bill O'Reilly Spokesman's Claims That They "Maliciously Smeared" Ex-Fox News Host — Updated
One America Appeal: Five Former Presidents Gather In Support Of Hurricane Relief, Donald Trump Praises Efforts
Latest Film News
- Josh Brolin Opens Up About Death Of ‘Deadpool 2’ Stuntwoman Joi “SJ” Harris
- Sex Abuse Silence Is Over, But Even The Academy Is Entitled To A Defense
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Director Received Multiple Threats From Suge Knight, Court Records Claim
- ‘Boo 2! A Madea Halloween’ Reaps $21M+ During October Dumping Ground At The B.O.
- Harvey Weinstein Has “Different Recollection” Of Events In Lupita Nyong’o Op-Ed
- APA Agent Tyler Grasham Fired From Agency Following Sexual Assault Allegations