EXCLUSIVE: Sam Riley has joined the cast of the World War II drama. Suite Française also features Michelle Williams, Matthias Schoenaerts and Kristin Scott Thomas with Saul Dibb directing. Riley will play the role of French soldier Benoit in the film based on Irene Nemirovsky’s novel about a young woman in Nazi-occupied France who ends up falling in love with a German officer. Dibb adapted the story with Matt Charman. The Weinstein Company, TF1 DA and eOne have partnered on the project with TWC handling U.S. rights, along with distribution rights in Latin America, Australia, Russia and Germany. Suite Française is scheduled to start shooting in Belgium and Paris later this summer. Riley, who played Joy Division singer Ian Curtis in 2007’s Control, was most recently was seen in Walter Salles-directed On The Road. He will also be starring alongside Angelina Jolie in the upcoming Maleficent as well as in Neil Jordan’s Byzantium. Riley is repped by WME, having signed with them in April. He continues to be repped by Tavistock Wood in the UK.
Sam Riley Set For ‘Suite Française’ With Michelle Williams
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit