EXCLUSIVE: Sam Riley has joined the cast of the World War II drama. Suite Française also features Michelle Williams, Matthias Schoenaerts and Kristin Scott Thomas with Saul Dibb directing. Riley will play the role of French soldier Benoit in the film based on Irene Nemirovsky’s novel about a young woman in Nazi-occupied France who ends up falling in love with a German officer. Dibb adapted the story with Matt Charman. The Weinstein Company, TF1 DA and eOne have partnered on the project with TWC handling U.S. rights, along with distribution rights in Latin America, Australia, Russia and Germany. Suite Française is scheduled to start shooting in Belgium and Paris later this summer. Riley, who played Joy Division singer Ian Curtis in 2007’s Control, was most recently was seen in Walter Salles-directed On The Road. He will also be starring alongside Angelina Jolie in the upcoming Maleficent as well as in Neil Jordan’s Byzantium. Riley is repped by WME, having signed with them in April. He continues to be repped by Tavistock Wood in the UK.
Sam Riley Set For ‘Suite Française’ With Michelle Williams
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $285M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- Costume Designers Guild Awards: 'La La Land,’ 'Hidden Figures' & ‘The Crown’ Among Winners…
- Martin Scorsese's Robert De Niro Pic 'The Irishman' Heading To Netflix?
- Leah Adler Dies: Steven Spielberg’s Mother Was 97
- Uma Thurman Regrets Turning Down ‘Lord Of The Rings’ Role
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities