No clue if this is the start of a revenge campaign or a bit of photoshopping. But one of Deadline’s comments did suggest on June 11th that “bloWME also works” so that may have been the genesis of the idea. Now Dan Mirvish (co-founder of the Slamdance Film Festival) has put up this photo of a purported LA bench ad on his Facebook page with the question, “CAA‘s retaliation against WME?” (Thanks to FishbowlLA for tipping me off to it.) Or maybe this is a publicity stunt for Mirvish’s June 21st feature film. All I know is forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown:
Round 2? Is It Now CAA Vs WME? Neither?
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’