No clue if this is the start of a revenge campaign or a bit of photoshopping. But one of Deadline’s comments did suggest on June 11th that “bloWME also works” so that may have been the genesis of the idea. Now Dan Mirvish (co-founder of the Slamdance Film Festival) has put up this photo of a purported LA bench ad on his Facebook page with the question, “CAA‘s retaliation against WME?” (Thanks to FishbowlLA for tipping me off to it.) Or maybe this is a publicity stunt for Mirvish’s June 21st feature film. All I know is forget it, Jake. It’s Chinatown:
Round 2? Is It Now CAA Vs WME? Neither?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Towards Future Of Paramount
- ‘Han Solo Star Wars’ Movie Underway: First Look
- SXSW 2017: Bob Odenkirk, Chris Hardwick & Whitney Cummings Among Lineup For Comedy Festival
- ‘Atlanta’s Bryan Tyree Henry Joins ‘White Boy Rick’