ABC‘s comedy Happy Endings is not going to live up to its name but has cemented its cult status with an untimely death. I hear series’ leading studio Sony Pictures TV has ended its efforts to find a new home for the underrated series as it faces the expiration of the cast’s options on Monday. Sony did try hard, starting to explore a possible future for Happy Endings well in advance of ABC’s May decision not to order a fourth season. Cable network USA, which is re-entering the half-hour comedy space this fall with off-network acquisition Modern Family, originally expressed interest in early April. It entered talks with Sony immediately after ABC made the cancellation decision the Friday before upfronts but, three weeks later, the network opted not to proceed with the pickup to focus on its original comedy series. While USA was considered the only real play for Happy Endings, Sony TV didn’t give up and continued to search for ways to keep Happy Endings until it ran out of time with the cast options.
No ‘Happy Endings’: Series Over After Three Seasons
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest TV News
- ‘The Code’: Mira Sorvino To Star In CBS Drama Pilot
- Mike O’Gorman Joins Fox’s Erin Foster Comedy Pilot; CW’s ‘Playing Dead’ Casts Curran Walters
- UK’s Channel 4 Exposes CEO Of Trump Consultant Cambridge Analytica: “We’re Used To Operating In The Shadows”…
- Jenna Dewan Tatum To Star In Fox Musical Drama Pilot ‘Mixtape’
- ‘Designated Survivor’: Nora Zehetner Set To Recur On ABC Drama Series
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?