Variety Media last month in New York added the trade publication’s former owners Reed Elsevier and Reed Business Information to its kickbacks and fraud case against branding company Beverly Hills Media Group, seeking $10M in damages in New York state Supreme Court for breach of contract and declaratory relief. Today, Reed has countersued, claiming it’s owed $1.3M more on the purchase price after Penske Media Corp acquired Variety in October 2012. PMC is Deadline’s parent company.
Reed Elsevier Countersues Variety Media
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Paramount Shifts 'Scouts Vs Zombies', 'Paranormal Activity 5′ Release Dates
- TNT Nabs Rights To Five Upcoming Marvel Pics Including 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- Veria Living Rebrands And Gets New Name – Now Z Living
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama