This could be an important addition for the joint venture between Redbox and Verizon: It has been hobbled by the limited number of devices that can access its streaming service — and Roku says that it has sold about 5M of its players in the U.S. Redbox Instant will be available on the platform sometime this summer. All Roku customers will be able to buy and rent individual videos. But initially the Redbox Instant subscription service will just be available to those who own Roku 3, Roku 2, Roku LT (models 2400 & 2450), and Roku HD (model 2500) players or the Roku Streaming Stick. “We’ve received overwhelming demand from our customers for Redbox Instant by Verizon on their Roku devices, and we’re pleased to be expanding the service this summer to meet that demand,” says Redbox Instant CEO Shawn Strickland. The subscription streaming service costs $8 a month and includes credits for rental discs at Redbox kiosks. It’s available to Android and iOS devices, Samsung Blu-ray devices and TVs with SmartHub, LG Smart TV and Blu-ray players, Google TV, Vizio PCs (through a browser), tablets and Co-Star through the Google Play store.
Redbox Instant Will Add Roku To Its Streaming Distribution Platforms
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
'Bridget Jones's Baby' Tops Overseas Again As 'Magnificent 7' Corrals $19.2M & 'Storks' Bundles $18.3M - Intl Box Office
'Magnificent Seven's $35M Opening A Career Best For Antoine Fuqua; 'Storks' At $21.8M - Sunday AM B.O. Final Update
Latest Business News
- California Enacts Law Preventing IMDb Pro From Listing Actors' Ages
- AMC Rips NATO In Org’s James Murdoch Spat: “Condescending And Gratuitous”
- ‘VAYA’ Director Akin Omotoso Inks With APA; Abrams Artists Agency Signs Grandex, Inc.
- NATO Chief To James Murdoch: “Get The Record Straight” On Theater Exclusivity; MPAA Weighs In – Update
- Rob Moore Exiting As Paramount Vice Chairman
- Disney Mum On New Director, Designer For Broadway ‘Frozen’