RealD is moving into IMAX territory with its new premium large format brand LUXE: A RealD Experience. The company presented the initiative to exhibitors gathering in Barcelona today at CineEurope. LUXE auditoriums will start to roll out this winter in Europe with Russia’s Karo Film and Bulgaria’s Arena Cinmea among early adopters. Some existing large format theaters will be re-branded while new theaters will also be upgraded. They’ll each be equipped with wall-to-wall/floor-to-ceiling screens of at least 16 meters in width; ultra bright 2D and 3D; enveloping audio and luxury seating. Expansion to other territories is planned further on down the line. “The studio and exhibition communities have long called for a PLF unification strategy to best capitalize on the profit potential of this fast growing premium cinema segment,” said RealD Europe managing director Robert Mayson. “RealD is uniquely positioned at the intersection of content, exhibition and technology, allowing us to best serve the industry and moviegoers alike with a singular premium cinema experience we believe will become synonymous with out of home entertainment at its finest.”
RealD Gets Into Premium Large Format Business With LUXE: A RealD Experience
What's Hot on Deadline
Is Melissa McCarthy The Best R-Rated Comedienne Ever? She Makes Her Case In Red Band 'The Boss' Trailer
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch
- BAFTA Awards: London Teed Up For Royal Party Weekend
- ‘Zoolander 2’ Review: Ben Stiller’s Misguided Sequel Is A Fashion Disaster