EXCLUSIVE: Looks like the sides have been chosen for the shoot-out film The Gunman, which Taken helmer Pierre Morel will direct for Silver Pictures and Studio Canal. Ray Winstone has just joined the film. He’ll play the mentor of the hitman played by Sean Penn, who is betrayed and then hunted by the organization he worked for. On the opposite side of this twosome are Javier Bardem and Idris Elba, and they run all over Europe in a fatal game of cat and mouse. Jasmine Trinca (Miele) is the female lead. Winstone’s tough guy cred includes The Departed, Sexy Beast, 44 Inch Chest and the upcoming Darren Aronofsky-directed Noah, where he goes mano a mano against Russell Crowe in that Biblical epic. I hope this movie is as good as it sounds here, because I’d follow these four actors anywhere. The Gunman is based on the Jean-Patrick Manchette novel Prone Gunman, scripted by Pete Travis. Joel Silver and Andrew Rona are producing. Resolution reps Winstone.
Ray Winstone Has Sean Penn’s Back In ‘The Gunman’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest Film News
- China Film Bureau Names Wang Xiaohui As New Head Of Department
- James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Review: Han, Chewy & Lando Save The Day In Rip-Roarin’ Origin Story
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- Lobo Sebastian Cast In ‘The Mule & ‘Words On Bathroom Walls’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Corporate Animals…
- ‘Star Wars’ Boba Fett Spinoff Said To Be Back On Track With James Mangold