EXCLUSIVE: Looks like the sides have been chosen for the shoot-out film The Gunman, which Taken helmer Pierre Morel will direct for Silver Pictures and Studio Canal. Ray Winstone has just joined the film. He’ll play the mentor of the hitman played by Sean Penn, who is betrayed and then hunted by the organization he worked for. On the opposite side of this twosome are Javier Bardem and Idris Elba, and they run all over Europe in a fatal game of cat and mouse. Jasmine Trinca (Miele) is the female lead. Winstone’s tough guy cred includes The Departed, Sexy Beast, 44 Inch Chest and the upcoming Darren Aronofsky-directed Noah, where he goes mano a mano against Russell Crowe in that Biblical epic. I hope this movie is as good as it sounds here, because I’d follow these four actors anywhere. The Gunman is based on the Jean-Patrick Manchette novel Prone Gunman, scripted by Pete Travis. Joel Silver and Andrew Rona are producing. Resolution reps Winstone.
Ray Winstone Has Sean Penn’s Back In ‘The Gunman’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Fleming Jr
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'
- Chiwetel Ejiofor Lands On 'The Martian'
- Electric Entertainment To Co-Fi Anthony Hopkins Pic 'Go With Me'