Sky1 HD‘s latest original drama is a two-part adaptation of the John Meade Falkner adventure novel, Moonfleet. Ray Winstone will play Elzevir Block, the leader of a band of smugglers in 18th century Dorset, England. He’s joined by Aneurin Barnard (The White Queen, Emanuel And The Truth About Fishes) who plays a young newcomer to the smuggling crew as they embark on the hunt for a lost diamond. Ashley Pharoah, creator of the original Life On Mars, wrote the adaptation that also stars Ben Chaplin, Omid Djalili and Sophie Cookson. Shooting starts this summer in Dublin. Company Pictures, producer of Starz/BBC series The White Queen, is producing Moonfleet in association with Ireland’s Element Pictures. Bletchley Circle‘s Andy de Emmony directs and Endeavour‘s Dan McCulloch produces. Exec producers are Huw Kennair-Jones, John Yorke, Claire Ingham, Pharoah and Patrick Spence. Winstone is up next in Darren Aronofsky’s Noah playing villain to Russell Crowe’s ark builder.
Ray Winstone, Aneurin Barnard Board Sky’s ‘Moonfleet’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3
- 'The Interview' A No-Go Internationally As Well
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 2