Sky1 HD‘s latest original drama is a two-part adaptation of the John Meade Falkner adventure novel, Moonfleet. Ray Winstone will play Elzevir Block, the leader of a band of smugglers in 18th century Dorset, England. He’s joined by Aneurin Barnard (The White Queen, Emanuel And The Truth About Fishes) who plays a young newcomer to the smuggling crew as they embark on the hunt for a lost diamond. Ashley Pharoah, creator of the original Life On Mars, wrote the adaptation that also stars Ben Chaplin, Omid Djalili and Sophie Cookson. Shooting starts this summer in Dublin. Company Pictures, producer of Starz/BBC series The White Queen, is producing Moonfleet in association with Ireland’s Element Pictures. Bletchley Circle‘s Andy de Emmony directs and Endeavour‘s Dan McCulloch produces. Exec producers are Huw Kennair-Jones, John Yorke, Claire Ingham, Pharoah and Patrick Spence. Winstone is up next in Darren Aronofsky’s Noah playing villain to Russell Crowe’s ark builder.
Ray Winstone, Aneurin Barnard Board Sky’s ‘Moonfleet’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Boss David Abraham Says UK TV Biz Showing U.S. How It's Done
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Orders North Korea Political Thriller By Matt Charman
- Edinburgh: Judi Dench & More Join Benedict Cumberbatch In BBC Two's 'Richard III'
- Edinburgh: Channel 4 Joins Acquisition Bandwagon With Stakes In 4 Indies
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'