Sky1 HD‘s latest original drama is a two-part adaptation of the John Meade Falkner adventure novel, Moonfleet. Ray Winstone will play Elzevir Block, the leader of a band of smugglers in 18th century Dorset, England. He’s joined by Aneurin Barnard (The White Queen, Emanuel And The Truth About Fishes) who plays a young newcomer to the smuggling crew as they embark on the hunt for a lost diamond. Ashley Pharoah, creator of the original Life On Mars, wrote the adaptation that also stars Ben Chaplin, Omid Djalili and Sophie Cookson. Shooting starts this summer in Dublin. Company Pictures, producer of Starz/BBC series The White Queen, is producing Moonfleet in association with Ireland’s Element Pictures. Bletchley Circle‘s Andy de Emmony directs and Endeavour‘s Dan McCulloch produces. Exec producers are Huw Kennair-Jones, John Yorke, Claire Ingham, Pharoah and Patrick Spence. Winstone is up next in Darren Aronofsky’s Noah playing villain to Russell Crowe’s ark builder.
Ray Winstone, Aneurin Barnard Board Sky’s ‘Moonfleet’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest International News
- London Police Respond To Oxford Circus Panic; Terrorism Fears Unfounded
- ‘Loveless’ Director Andrey Zvyagintsev On Filmmaking In Modern-Day Russia
- Feng Xiaogang’s ‘Youth’ Reinstated: China & U.S. Release Date Set After Sept Delay
- ‘Rellik’ & ‘The Miniaturist’ Head To China Via Streaming Service iQIYI
- BBC Upgrades Scandinavian Crime Drama ‘The Bridge’ To BBC Two
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky Has Died; Charismatic Siberian Baritone Was 55