Last night featured three premieres, but to put things in perspective, let’s start off by saying that a repeat of Family Guy on Fox (1.5/4) was the No. 1 program of the night among adults 18-49. An American Dad rerun (1.4/4) was No. 2. Now to the newcomers, none of whom made an impact as the broadcast networks’ summer is still looking for a breakout. ABC’s Celebrity Wife Swap (1.3/4) returned to the schedule down 19% from its last original on Tuesday this past spring. It was followed by the debut of Whodunnit (1.3/4), the new unscripted mystery series from CSI creator Anthony Zuiker. That was a soft number but, given the lackluster performances this summer, it actually tied Fox’s Does Someone Have To Go? as the highest-rated reality debut. NBC’s drama acquisition Crossing Lines managed a 0.7/2 for its two-hour premiere. It was down from the recent openers of ABC’s Motive and Mistresses (1.2) and tied another NBC import, last summer’s Saving Hope, as the lowest drama debut on a Big 4 network ever. Tonight is CBS’ turn to try and beat the summer doldrums with Under The Dome.
RATINGS RAT RACE: ‘Whodunnit’ Debuts So-So, ‘Crossing Lines’ Opens Low
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations