Vince Flynn, bestselling author of the Mitch Rapp political thriller series of novels, died today after a long battle with prostate cancer, his rep ICM Partners said. He was 47. Flynn’s memorable Rapp character, an undercover CIA counter-terrorism agent, was the focus of 14 books including American Assassin, Kill Shot, Transfer Of Power, The Third Option, Separation Of Power, Executive Power, Memorial Day, Consent To Kill, Act Of Treason, Extreme Measures, Pursuit Of Honor and The Last Man. CBS Films optioned feature film rights to the Rapp character with the intention of making a character-based, action thriller movie franchise. It later offered $10M to Chris Hemsworth to star in the first pic in that deal, American Assassin, but Hemsworth passed because of scheduling issues.
R.I.P. Vince Flynn
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production