Carrie Coon, Ann Dowd (Compliance), former Dr. Who Christopher Eccleston and Amanda Warren (The Closer) are set to star opposite Justin Theroux in Damon Lindelof’s HBO drama pilot The Leftovers, directed by Peter Berg. Co-written by Lindelof and Tom Perrotta based on Perrotta’s 2011 book, the project takes place after the Rapture happens but not quite like it’s supposed to. It is the story of the people who didn’t make the cut… and a world that will never be the same. Coon will play Nora Durst, a wife and mother who is suddenly neither. Dowd, repped by Innovative, will play Patti Levin, leader of the local chapter of the Guilty Remnant, an organization that is somewhere between a cult and a movement. Eccleston, will play Matt Jamison, former Reverend and current editor of his self-published tabloid. Warren, repped by MJ Management and Geoff Oblath, plays Lucy Warburton, Mapleton’s take-no-prisoners mayor. Theroux plays the chief of police. Coon, repped by Gersh, New Wave and Peikoff Mahan, was nominated for a Tony this year for Who’s Afraid Of Virginia Woolf. This marks the first U.S. regular series role for Eccleston, repped by U.K.’s Independent and Principal Entertainment, who previously recurred on Heroes. He will next be seen in Thor 2 and Unfinished Song.
Quartet Cast In Damon Lindelof’s HBO Pilot ‘The Leftovers’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'