This is a news that has been long time coming: all aired episodes of CBS/Warner Bros.’ drama series Person Of Interest are finally available digitally. The first two seasons of the crime drama are now available via digital download to own through all digital retailers, including iTunes and Amazon Instant Video. The series is still not available for streaming. “We are all excited that new and existing fans of Person Of Interest can finally catch up with the first two seasons,” said series’ executive producer J.J. Abrams, who had voiced his frustration over POI‘s unavailability online that made it difficult for new viewers to join the show. Digital deals are being negotiated between TV studios and networks. CBS is traditionally conservative when it comes to digital exposure of their shows, with the downloading pact between the network and Warner Bros. TV for POI taking particularly long to hammer out. For comparison, Abrams/Warner Bros.’ freshman NBC drama Revolution has been available both for downloads and streaming. POI, which is yet to be taken out to the off-network syndication market, is coming off a strong second season, boosted by new lead-in Two And A Half Men, averaging 16.2 million viewers, a 12% increase above the show’s previous season. It relocates to Tuesday 10 PM in the fall.
‘Person Of Interest’ Available For Digital Download For The First Time
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Rothenberg To Star In ‘L.A. Crime'; Holley Fain Also Cast
- TV Pilot Locations 2015: New York Slips, Los Angeles & Vancouver Rebound
- Meta Golding, Colin Donnell, Monet Mazur Join NBC Pilot ‘Love Is A 4 Letter Word’
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings And Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'