EXCLUSIVE: Peter McRobbie has joined the killer cast of Inherent Vice as loan shark Adrian Prussia. A recurring presence on the Law & Order franchise as Judge Walter Bradley, the actor also played The Great Emancipator’s congressional nemesis Rep. George H. Pendleton in last year’s Steven Spielberg-directed Lincoln. McRobbie also has appeared on several episodes of the first season of Boardwalk Empire and in Oliver Stone’s 2006 film World Trade Center. Taking on the violent underworld role that there had been whispers Sean Penn was eyeing, the actor will appear in Paul Thomas Anderson’s adaptation of Thomas Pynchon’s 2009 detective novel with Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Josh Brolin, Martin Short, Katherine Waterston and Jena Malone. Inherent Vice shoots this summer for Warner Bros, with Anderson producing through his Ghoulardi Film Company along with JoAnne Sellar and Daniel Lupi. McRobbie is repped by the Abrams Artists Agency.
Paul Thomas Anderson’s ‘Inherent Vice’ Gets Its Adrian Prussia
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest Film News
- STX Entertainment Pacts With China’s Huayi Bros For 12-15 Pics Per Year
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’