EXCLUSIVE: Peter McRobbie has joined the killer cast of Inherent Vice as loan shark Adrian Prussia. A recurring presence on the Law & Order franchise as Judge Walter Bradley, the actor also played The Great Emancipator’s congressional nemesis Rep. George H. Pendleton in last year’s Steven Spielberg-directed Lincoln. McRobbie also has appeared on several episodes of the first season of Boardwalk Empire and in Oliver Stone’s 2006 film World Trade Center. Taking on the violent underworld role that there had been whispers Sean Penn was eyeing, the actor will appear in Paul Thomas Anderson’s adaptation of Thomas Pynchon’s 2009 detective novel with Joaquin Phoenix, Reese Witherspoon, Owen Wilson, Josh Brolin, Martin Short, Katherine Waterston and Jena Malone. Inherent Vice shoots this summer for Warner Bros, with Anderson producing through his Ghoulardi Film Company along with JoAnne Sellar and Daniel Lupi. McRobbie is repped by the Abrams Artists Agency.
Paul Thomas Anderson’s ‘Inherent Vice’ Gets Its Adrian Prussia
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest Film News
- BAFTA Awards: What Does The Big ‘Revenant’ Victory Mean For Oscar?
- ‘The Big Short’ “Go Big” TV Spot: Oscar Campaign Ad Focuses On Film’s Political Mission
- BAFTA Awards: ‘The Revenant’ Tops Night With Best Film Win; Much Love For ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’
- First Oscars Handed Out As Academy Presents Sci-Tech Awards In Lively Ceremony
- Michael Moore’s ‘Where To Invade Next’ Tops Slow Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- BAFTA Awards Live Blog