As a follow-up to the casting of Shirley MacLaine, another top American actor is joining the British drama series Downton Abbey. Paul Giamatti will play Cora’s (Elizabeth McGovern) maverick and playboy brother Harold in the Season 4 finale. He joins new cast members Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, Tom Cullen, Julian Ovenden, Nigel Harman, Joanna David and Gary Carr. Season 4 of Downton Abbey premieres on Masterpiece on PBS on January 5, 2014.
Paul Giamatti Joins ‘Downton Abbey’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over