EXCLUSIVE: Montecito and Paramount have tapped scribes Eyal Podell & Jonathon Stewart to write Juliet, based on the book by Anne Fortier. Tree Line’s Cathy Konrad will produce with Montecito. The project was set up in fall, 2011 for James Mangold to direct. In the book, a young woman learns that the legend of Romeo & Juliet is actually real, and that Shakespeare’s version was simply the most popular retelling. More compelling is that she is Juliet’s direct descendant, but was kept in the dark to protect her. Podell & Stewart are coming on the project hot after having their script Seuss reach the second slot on the latest Black List. They are represented by Verve and Industry Entertainment.
Paramount- Montecito Set Black List Scribes Eyal Podell & Jonathon Stewart To Script ‘Juliet’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Are Studios Driving The Lazy Road Paved By Detroit Automakers?
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Circling Edward Snowden Role In Oliver Stone Film
- TIFF 2014: How Chris Rock, New Distribution Blood Fueled Film Deals
- Matt Damon, Zhang Yimou Want To Scale 'The Great Wall' In China
- Roberto Orci's 'Star Trek 3′ Commitment Knocks Him Out Of 'Power Rangers' Pic
- Aussie Thriller 'Kill Me Three Times' Sells To Magnolia: TIFF