EXCLUSIVE: Montecito and Paramount have tapped scribes Eyal Podell & Jonathon Stewart to write Juliet, based on the book by Anne Fortier. Tree Line’s Cathy Konrad will produce with Montecito. The project was set up in fall, 2011 for James Mangold to direct. In the book, a young woman learns that the legend of Romeo & Juliet is actually real, and that Shakespeare’s version was simply the most popular retelling. More compelling is that she is Juliet’s direct descendant, but was kept in the dark to protect her. Podell & Stewart are coming on the project hot after having their script Seuss reach the second slot on the latest Black List. They are represented by Verve and Industry Entertainment.
Paramount- Montecito Set Black List Scribes Eyal Podell & Jonathon Stewart To Script ‘Juliet’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- A 'Sophie's Choice': 'Jaws' Or 'Goodfellas'?
- Paul Schrader's 'Dying Of The Light' Acquired By Lionsgate Home Entertainment
- Bart & Fleming: On Robin Williams And Empathetic Star Send-Offs
- Q&A: 'The Giver's Lois Lowry And Phillip Noyce On The Give And Take Between Author And Director
- 'Sin City 2′ To Launch With Tarantino 'Hateful Eight' Teaser