EXCLUSIVE: Montecito and Paramount have tapped scribes Eyal Podell & Jonathon Stewart to write Juliet, based on the book by Anne Fortier. Tree Line’s Cathy Konrad will produce with Montecito. The project was set up in fall, 2011 for James Mangold to direct. In the book, a young woman learns that the legend of Romeo & Juliet is actually real, and that Shakespeare’s version was simply the most popular retelling. More compelling is that she is Juliet’s direct descendant, but was kept in the dark to protect her. Podell & Stewart are coming on the project hot after having their script Seuss reach the second slot on the latest Black List. They are represented by Verve and Industry Entertainment.
Paramount- Montecito Set Black List Scribes Eyal Podell & Jonathon Stewart To Script ‘Juliet’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’
- Relativity Picks Up Eric Bress’ Spec ‘American Drifter’
- CBS Films Sets Boston Marathon Bombing Pic ‘Patriots’ Day'; Mark Wahlberg Eyes Police Commish Ed Davis Role