EXCLUSIVE: Montecito and Paramount have tapped scribes Eyal Podell & Jonathon Stewart to write Juliet, based on the book by Anne Fortier. Tree Line’s Cathy Konrad will produce with Montecito. The project was set up in fall, 2011 for James Mangold to direct. In the book, a young woman learns that the legend of Romeo & Juliet is actually real, and that Shakespeare’s version was simply the most popular retelling. More compelling is that she is Juliet’s direct descendant, but was kept in the dark to protect her. Podell & Stewart are coming on the project hot after having their script Seuss reach the second slot on the latest Black List. They are represented by Verve and Industry Entertainment.
Paramount- Montecito Set Black List Scribes Eyal Podell & Jonathon Stewart To Script ‘Juliet’
What's Hot on Deadline
Barcelona Terrorist Attack: 13 Confirmed Dead, 100+ Hurt After Van Rams Crowd; Two Suspects Arrested - Update
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
'The Glass Castle' Review: Woody Harrelson Delivers Career-Best Performance In Touching True Family Story
Latest Film News
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps
- UTA Signs DeWanda Wise, Star Of Spike Lee Series ‘She's Gotta Have It’
- Olivia Colman, Alice Englert, Thomas Mann Set For ‘Them That Follow’
- Is Bob Iger Fed Up With One Of Disney’s Most Vigorous Wall Street Critics?
- The Orchard Lands ‘Outside In’ & Magnolia Acquires ‘The Gospel According To André’; Both…
- Bart & Fleming: How Bad Was Movie Summer 2017?