EXCLUSIVE: Montecito and Paramount have tapped scribes Eyal Podell & Jonathon Stewart to write Juliet, based on the book by Anne Fortier. Tree Line’s Cathy Konrad will produce with Montecito. The project was set up in fall, 2011 for James Mangold to direct. In the book, a young woman learns that the legend of Romeo & Juliet is actually real, and that Shakespeare’s version was simply the most popular retelling. More compelling is that she is Juliet’s direct descendant, but was kept in the dark to protect her. Podell & Stewart are coming on the project hot after having their script Seuss reach the second slot on the latest Black List. They are represented by Verve and Industry Entertainment.
Paramount- Montecito Set Black List Scribes Eyal Podell & Jonathon Stewart To Script ‘Juliet’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- ‘How He Fell In Love’ Clip: Exploring Faithfulness And Betrayal
- Utkarsh Ambudkar Joins ‘Barbershop 3′
- ‘A Walk In The Woods’ Trailer: Redford & Nolte Take A Hike