EXCLUSIVE: The graphic novels about a supernatural Latino superhero haven’t even been published, but Pantelion Films isn’t waiting. The company backed by Lionsgate and Televisa picked up distribution rights to The Mexorcist, about a fallen exorcist called back to duty when his brother is murdered by a Mexican cartel hellbent on bringing about the apocalypse. Peter Block of A Bigger Boat Productions developed the script with Andrew Cosby and Ed Quinn, who created the graphic novel series. Cosby also will make his feature directorial debut on the film, which is eyed to start production this year. Block, Cosby and Quinn will produce with Heather Courtney Quinn. Pantelion Head of Production Ben Odell will shepherd for the studio.
Pantelion Films Makes A Deal With ‘The Mexorcist’
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Film News
- ‘Jack Reacher’ Cuffs $31M; ‘Girl’, ‘Inferno’, ‘Peregrine’ At Milestones – Intl…
- ‘Ouija: Origin Of Evil’: The Newton Brothers Talk Their Horror Film Score
- 'Moonlight' & ‘Michael Moore In TrumpLand' Top 2016 Theater Averages – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Madea’ To Push Well Past $27M As ‘Jack Reacher’ Takes $22M to $23M; ‘Joneses’ Can’t Keep Up – Sun…
- Matthew McConaughey To Be Honored At Napa Valley Film Festival
- Dan Porter, WME’s Head Of Digital, To Exit Agency