EXCLUSIVE: The graphic novels about a supernatural Latino superhero haven’t even been published, but Pantelion Films isn’t waiting. The company backed by Lionsgate and Televisa picked up distribution rights to The Mexorcist, about a fallen exorcist called back to duty when his brother is murdered by a Mexican cartel hellbent on bringing about the apocalypse. Peter Block of A Bigger Boat Productions developed the script with Andrew Cosby and Ed Quinn, who created the graphic novel series. Cosby also will make his feature directorial debut on the film, which is eyed to start production this year. Block, Cosby and Quinn will produce with Heather Courtney Quinn. Pantelion Head of Production Ben Odell will shepherd for the studio.
Pantelion Films Makes A Deal With ‘The Mexorcist’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation
- Eddie Redmayne Joins Morten Tyldum In Black Bear’s ‘The Last Days Of Night’
- Jackie Chan-Starring ‘Skiptrace’ Bows Big In China With $62M+ Debut
- Brad Turell Exiting Paradigm To Launch Media Consulting Startup
- New ‘Ben-Hur’ Trailer: Now We Cut To The Chase
- Marni Nixon Dies: Hollywood’s Voice Behind The Stars Was 86