EXCLUSIVE: The graphic novels about a supernatural Latino superhero haven’t even been published, but Pantelion Films isn’t waiting. The company backed by Lionsgate and Televisa picked up distribution rights to The Mexorcist, about a fallen exorcist called back to duty when his brother is murdered by a Mexican cartel hellbent on bringing about the apocalypse. Peter Block of A Bigger Boat Productions developed the script with Andrew Cosby and Ed Quinn, who created the graphic novel series. Cosby also will make his feature directorial debut on the film, which is eyed to start production this year. Block, Cosby and Quinn will produce with Heather Courtney Quinn. Pantelion Head of Production Ben Odell will shepherd for the studio.
Pantelion Films Makes A Deal With ‘The Mexorcist’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'