If you’ve never been to the desert arts free-for-all that is Burning Man, soon you can experience it from the cushy confines of a theater. Paladin and FilmBuff have pacted to release Steve Brown and Jessie Deeter’s docu Spark: A Burning Man Story profiling the annual gathering, which began as a social-artistic experiment in utopian living and has grown into a bacchanal drawing over 60,000 free spirits in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert. The pic debuted at SXSW and will hit theaters in NY and LA on August 16 with an iTunes/digital release via FilmBuff to follow on August 17. Spark will then expand to select limited theatrical markets leading up to Burning Man 2013, perfect promo timing for the event held over Labor Day weekend from August 26 to September 2.
Paladin & FilmBuff Set ‘Spark: A Burning Man Story’ Ahead Of Burning Man 2013
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection