If you’ve never been to the desert arts free-for-all that is Burning Man, soon you can experience it from the cushy confines of a theater. Paladin and FilmBuff have pacted to release Steve Brown and Jessie Deeter’s docu Spark: A Burning Man Story profiling the annual gathering, which began as a social-artistic experiment in utopian living and has grown into a bacchanal drawing over 60,000 free spirits in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert. The pic debuted at SXSW and will hit theaters in NY and LA on August 16 with an iTunes/digital release via FilmBuff to follow on August 17. Spark will then expand to select limited theatrical markets leading up to Burning Man 2013, perfect promo timing for the event held over Labor Day weekend from August 26 to September 2.
Paladin & FilmBuff Set ‘Spark: A Burning Man Story’ Ahead Of Burning Man 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest