If you’ve never been to the desert arts free-for-all that is Burning Man, soon you can experience it from the cushy confines of a theater. Paladin and FilmBuff have pacted to release Steve Brown and Jessie Deeter’s docu Spark: A Burning Man Story profiling the annual gathering, which began as a social-artistic experiment in utopian living and has grown into a bacchanal drawing over 60,000 free spirits in Nevada’s Black Rock Desert. The pic debuted at SXSW and will hit theaters in NY and LA on August 16 with an iTunes/digital release via FilmBuff to follow on August 17. Spark will then expand to select limited theatrical markets leading up to Burning Man 2013, perfect promo timing for the event held over Labor Day weekend from August 26 to September 2.
Paladin & FilmBuff Set ‘Spark: A Burning Man Story’ Ahead Of Burning Man 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- Casey Affleck Writes & Stars In ‘Villain’, Directed By Swedish Helmer Mikael Marcimain
- Rebecca Ferguson Set To Star In ‘The Lady And The Panda’ – AFM
- Starz CFO Scott Macdonald To Leave In Reorganization After Sale To Lionsgate
- Josh Stewart & Delroy Lindo Join Michael Winnick’s ‘Malicious’
- Sony Puts Matt Tolmach’s ‘The Bringing’ With Michael Pena Into Turnaround
- STX Entertainment Partners With Toronto Company The Young Astronauts For Digital Content