The Haves And The Have Nots is growing on the Oprah Winfrey’s network. OWN announced today that it has ordered 16 more episodes of the freshman Tyler Perry-produced drama. That brings the first season of the show up to 32 episodes. Haves And The Have Nots’ May 28 premiere was the network’s highest-rated debut ever. The series about the rich Cryer family and their hired help garnered 1.77 million viewers (1.57 in women 25-54) at 9 PM and another 1.8 million (1.67 in women 25-54) for its second original episode at 10 PM in late May. “Naturally, it is wonderful to have the network’s first scripted series score so resoundingly”, said OWN president Sheri Salata in a statement today. “Tyler’s fans and OWN viewers have responded to this guilty pleasure in record numbers, and we are happy to give them more of a good thing”. The series’ initial 16-episode order will run to September 3, with the newly ordered episodes to air in early 2014.
OWN Doubles Order For Tyler Perry’s ‘The Haves & The Have Nots’
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Eli Broad Joins Oprah Winfrey, Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donations To End Gun Violence: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Anthony Hemingway To Direct CBS Drama Pilot ‘Murder’
- NBC Tweaks Thursday Night Schedule: ‘A.P. Bio’ Moves To Earlier Timeslot
- ‘Paterno’ Trailer: Al Pacino Confronts Reality In HBO Movie
- NRA’s Dana Loesch Calmly Left CNN Town Hall As Attendees Chanted “Shame On You”: VIDEO
- Nanette Fabray Dies: Stage And TV Comic Actress Was 97
- Four Broward Officers Took Cover Outside Florida School As Gunman Killed 17 – Report