The Haves And The Have Nots is growing on the Oprah Winfrey’s network. OWN announced today that it has ordered 16 more episodes of the freshman Tyler Perry-produced drama. That brings the first season of the show up to 32 episodes. Haves And The Have Nots’ May 28 premiere was the network’s highest-rated debut ever. The series about the rich Cryer family and their hired help garnered 1.77 million viewers (1.57 in women 25-54) at 9 PM and another 1.8 million (1.67 in women 25-54) for its second original episode at 10 PM in late May. “Naturally, it is wonderful to have the network’s first scripted series score so resoundingly”, said OWN president Sheri Salata in a statement today. “Tyler’s fans and OWN viewers have responded to this guilty pleasure in record numbers, and we are happy to give them more of a good thing”. The series’ initial 16-episode order will run to September 3, with the newly ordered episodes to air in early 2014.
OWN Doubles Order For Tyler Perry’s ‘The Haves & The Have Nots’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- CAA Promotes Quartet Of Trainees
- ‘Deadlier Than The Male’: Bryant Tardy Cast In TNT Drama Pilot
- Hillary Clinton To Colbert: Donald Trump UN Speech “Dark, Dangerous”
- Fox & Twitter Partner On Streaming Initiatives, Including ‘Empire’ Pre-Show
- Donald Trump’s “Baseless” Desire To Toss Ex-‘Apprentice’ Hopeful’s Suit Slammed
- Beau Willimon Elected President Of WGA East