The Haves And The Have Nots is growing on the Oprah Winfrey’s network. OWN announced today that it has ordered 16 more episodes of the freshman Tyler Perry-produced drama. That brings the first season of the show up to 32 episodes. Haves And The Have Nots’ May 28 premiere was the network’s highest-rated debut ever. The series about the rich Cryer family and their hired help garnered 1.77 million viewers (1.57 in women 25-54) at 9 PM and another 1.8 million (1.67 in women 25-54) for its second original episode at 10 PM in late May. “Naturally, it is wonderful to have the network’s first scripted series score so resoundingly”, said OWN president Sheri Salata in a statement today. “Tyler’s fans and OWN viewers have responded to this guilty pleasure in record numbers, and we are happy to give them more of a good thing”. The series’ initial 16-episode order will run to September 3, with the newly ordered episodes to air in early 2014.
OWN Doubles Order For Tyler Perry’s ‘The Haves & The Have Nots’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Patten
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit
- MPAA Hits “Shameful” Google Over Sony Hacking Revelations – Update
- Sundance 2015: Edgar Wright, Cary Fukunaga & Jonathan Nolan Among Fest's Jury Members