Arts cable channel Ovation has picked up off-network rights to NBC’s recently cancelled series Smash. The first season of the Broadway drama will debut on Ovation on July 19, airing Fridays at 8 PM, with Season 2 set for a November premiere. “Smash is exactly the kind of art-centric programming that Ovation’s viewers crave,” said Ovation chief creative officer Robert Weiss.” Ovation is available in almost 50 million homes; it was dropped by Time Warner able at the beginning of the year.
Ovation Acquires ‘Smash’ For July Debut
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast
- Peter Gallagher & Olivia Thirlby Join Fox Pilot 'Detour' Inspired By Rivers Cuomo
- Jack Cutmore-Scott To Play Title Role In Fox Pilot ‘Cooper Barrett’s Guide’
- Murder Case Involving Texas Justice of the Peace To Be Developed As HBO Film