Here is something that surprises no one. Jason Blum has tweeted they will develop a sequel to The Purge, the $3 million Universal Pictures and Blumhouse film that grossed over $34 million and stars Ethan Hawke and Lena Headey. Sequel-ization seems self evident when a movie with that paltry a budget outgrosses the big-ticket summer competition at the weekend box office. The sequel also was somewhat telegraphed when it was named as a winner of the California Tax Credit Production Lottery. Blum has the enviable distinction of having four price-conscious franchises, the others being Paranormal activity, Insidious and Sinster. Pretty remarkable. Here’s the tweet:
Non-Shocker! Jason Blum Tweets There Will Be More ‘Purge’-ing At Universal
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Channing Tatum's 'X-Men' Character 'Gambit' Spinoff Moving Forward
- Oh, Henry! Disney Chasing Hearththrobs For Next 'Pirates Of The Caribbean'
- Feature-Hungry Netflix Courts Weinstein Marketing Head Stephen Bruno
- 'Magic City' Becomes Feature; Bruce Willis & Bill Murray Join Original Starz Cast
- Will Rowbotham Joins 3 Arts As Manager
- Ricky Gervais, Eric Bana: 'Special Correspondents'