UPDATED: Another NBC pilot that narrowly missed the cut to series is staying alive. I’ve learned that the network has extended the options on the entire cast of the untitled Craig Robinson pilot, which I hear also is getting an order for three additional scripts. The project, written by Owen Ellickson, centers around a talented musician (Robinson) who adjusts to his new life as a middle school music teacher, where he maneuvers precocious kids, teacher politics, and the temptations of single moms. The cast of the pilot, from Universal TV, Deedle-Dee Prods and 3 Arts, also includes Larenz Tate, Amanda Lund and Jean Smart. Ellickson is executive producing with Greg Daniels, Tracy Katsky, Gabe Miller and Jonathan Green, who helped rewrite the pilot script, Howard Klein and Mark Schulman. Robinson serves as producer. The Craig Robinson pilot joins fellow NBC/Uni TV comedy pilot Assistance, which recently received an order for three more scripts and extended the options of several cast members, including Krysten Ritter and Alfred Molina. Similarly, NBC ordered another script for the John Stamos-starring drama I Am Victor with an eye toward a new pilot order for a midseason series pickup. That pilot also re-upped several cast members, led by Stamos. Additionally, NBC/NBCU’s John Mulaney comedy pilot is now in series consideration at Fox with a script order.
NBC’s Craig Robinson Comedy Remains In Contention With Cast Options Extension
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over