UPDATED: Another NBC pilot that narrowly missed the cut to series is staying alive. I’ve learned that the network has extended the options on the entire cast of the untitled Craig Robinson pilot, which I hear also is getting an order for three additional scripts. The project, written by Owen Ellickson, centers around a talented musician (Robinson) who adjusts to his new life as a middle school music teacher, where he maneuvers precocious kids, teacher politics, and the temptations of single moms. The cast of the pilot, from Universal TV, Deedle-Dee Prods and 3 Arts, also includes Larenz Tate, Amanda Lund and Jean Smart. Ellickson is executive producing with Greg Daniels, Tracy Katsky, Gabe Miller and Jonathan Green, who helped rewrite the pilot script, Howard Klein and Mark Schulman. Robinson serves as producer. The Craig Robinson pilot joins fellow NBC/Uni TV comedy pilot Assistance, which recently received an order for three more scripts and extended the options of several cast members, including Krysten Ritter and Alfred Molina. Similarly, NBC ordered another script for the John Stamos-starring drama I Am Victor with an eye toward a new pilot order for a midseason series pickup. That pilot also re-upped several cast members, led by Stamos. Additionally, NBC/NBCU’s John Mulaney comedy pilot is now in series consideration at Fox with a script order.
NBC’s Craig Robinson Comedy Remains In Contention With Cast Options Extension
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast