NBCUniversal Domestic TV Distribution’s Steve Harvey has solidified its status as the breakout new syndicated talk show of 2012-13. On the heels of the Endemol USA-produced talker getting an early renewal for next season by stations — including the core NBC Stations group, in January — the show now has been picked up for two additional seasons, through 2016, in more than 65% of the U.S. “Steve Harvey’s engaging, funny and warm style has been a hit with our audiences,” said Valari Staab, President, NBC Owned TV Stations. “The show has strengthened our daytime lineups and proven to be a strong lead-in to Ellen and, in turn, our local newscasts.” Steve Harvey got off to a solid start last fall and by the May sweep, it was the #1 new first-run show with women 18-49 and women 25-54 nationally, topping fellow rookie Katie, and was the only new show to build over its lead-in and improve the year-ago time period. Across the metered markets in May, Steve Harvey was up over its lead-in by +24% in households, and +25% with women 25-54. Compared to the May 2012 time period average, Steve Harvey showed +44% increases in households and was up +42% with women 25-54. It also gave a ratings boost to veteran Ellen. Additionally, Harvey received a 2013 People’s Choice Award as Favorite New Daytime Show Host.
NBC Stations Renew ‘Steve Harvey’ Through 2016
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Creator Jill Soloway Won’t Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment…
- Saoirse Ronan To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’, With Musical Guest U2
- ‘SNL’: Trump Boys Inherit Dad-Free Spot With “Juilliard Massage” Of “RickiLakes”
- ‘Stranger Things’: Duffer Brothers And Cast Reflect On Season 2, Keep Tight-Lipped On Season 3
- ‘Parks & Rec’ Mike Schur Says “Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey”; ‘Leftovers’ Damon Lindelof Regrets…
- Lena Dunham Apologizes For Murray Miller Defense Amid Assault Allegations