Despite moving to a new night and new time slot, Catfish: The TV Show has lost little of its attraction. The one-hour MTV docu-drama series about online dating returned for a second season at 10 PM last night with 2.5 million viewers and a 2.2 rating in the channel’s key 12-34 demographic. That’s a dip from the 2.6 rating among the 12-34 demo the show received for its Season 1 debut on November 12, 2012 with Teen Mom 2 as a lead-in. Last night’s Catfish had an encore from the first season as a lead-in. Overall, Season 1 averaged a 2.3 rating in the demo. Inviewership, Tuesday’s show was down just a bit from the 2.7 million who watched the 2012 premiere. That 11 PM premiere was MTV’s highest-rated series debut since the clip show Ridiculousness was launched August 29, 2011. The TV series is based on the 2010 documentary Catfish, which tracked the deceptive online romance in which Nev Schulman became caught up; he also hosts the series. Catfish: The TV Show is produced by Relativity TV and Catfish Picture Company LLC for MTV.
MTV’s ‘Catfish’ Returns Steady
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Latest TV News
- Liza Koshy To Star In New YouTube Red Comedy Series ‘Liza On Demand’
- ‘The Four’ Fox Reality Competition Sets Sean Combs, DJ Khaled, Meghan Trainor & Charlie Walk As Stars, Gets…
- White House Celebrates Donald Trump For Not Acknowledging Sexual Assault Claims
- ‘Suits’ Spinoff: Simon Kassianides Joins Potential Gina Torres-Toplined Offshoot
- Fox And Viacom Lead Media Stock Rally Sparked By Merger Speculation
- Kat Dennings To Star In Hulu Pilot ‘Dollface’; ‘I, Tonya’s Margot Robbie, Bryan Unkeless Producing