Despite moving to a new night and new time slot, Catfish: The TV Show has lost little of its attraction. The one-hour MTV docu-drama series about online dating returned for a second season at 10 PM last night with 2.5 million viewers and a 2.2 rating in the channel’s key 12-34 demographic. That’s a dip from the 2.6 rating among the 12-34 demo the show received for its Season 1 debut on November 12, 2012 with Teen Mom 2 as a lead-in. Last night’s Catfish had an encore from the first season as a lead-in. Overall, Season 1 averaged a 2.3 rating in the demo. Inviewership, Tuesday’s show was down just a bit from the 2.7 million who watched the 2012 premiere. That 11 PM premiere was MTV’s highest-rated series debut since the clip show Ridiculousness was launched August 29, 2011. The TV series is based on the 2010 documentary Catfish, which tracked the deceptive online romance in which Nev Schulman became caught up; he also hosts the series. Catfish: The TV Show is produced by Relativity TV and Catfish Picture Company LLC for MTV.
MTV’s ‘Catfish’ Returns Steady
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring