Despite moving to a new night and new time slot, Catfish: The TV Show has lost little of its attraction. The one-hour MTV docu-drama series about online dating returned for a second season at 10 PM last night with 2.5 million viewers and a 2.2 rating in the channel’s key 12-34 demographic. That’s a dip from the 2.6 rating among the 12-34 demo the show received for its Season 1 debut on November 12, 2012 with Teen Mom 2 as a lead-in. Last night’s Catfish had an encore from the first season as a lead-in. Overall, Season 1 averaged a 2.3 rating in the demo. Inviewership, Tuesday’s show was down just a bit from the 2.7 million who watched the 2012 premiere. That 11 PM premiere was MTV’s highest-rated series debut since the clip show Ridiculousness was launched August 29, 2011. The TV series is based on the 2010 documentary Catfish, which tracked the deceptive online romance in which Nev Schulman became caught up; he also hosts the series. Catfish: The TV Show is produced by Relativity TV and Catfish Picture Company LLC for MTV.
MTV’s ‘Catfish’ Returns Steady
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- MPAA Plans Runaway Production Summit In D.C.
- Warner Bros Could Be Haunted By New 'Conjuring' Producer Lawsuit
- UPDATE: RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Under The Dome', 'Mistresses' Finale & 'Running Wild' Down On Holiday, 'MasterChef' & 'ANW' Steady
- RATINGS RAT RACE: MDA Telethon Even, 'Big Brother' Down & 'Reckless' Surges As CBS Wins Night
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit