EXCLUSIVE: Kara Hayward racked up the accolades in her feature debut as angst-ridden lovebird Suzy in Wes Anderson’s Moonrise Kingdom. Now the 14-year-old actress is boarding her next project. She’ll play Etta, a high school freshman dealing with her parents divorce, in the indie pic Quitters written and directed by Noah Pritzker (SXSW 2012 short Little Dad). Hayward joins Mira Sorvino, Greg Germann, Benjamin Konigsberg and Morgan Turner in the film which is currently shooting in San Francisco. Quitters is produced by Ben Howe (The Exploding Girl) and Luca Borghese (Rampart). It’s technically Hayward’s third feature to date; she just completed the indie Sisterhood Of The Night opposite Georgie Henley. She’s repped by ICM Partners.
‘Moonrise Kingdom’s Kara Hayward Joins Indie ‘Quitters’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- Hot Trailer: Nicolas Cage In 'Outcast'
- Ken Jeong Dives Into Celebrity Death Pool Pic For Hyde Park, WWE Studios
- Tribeca Film Springs For Chris Lowell's 'Beside Still Waters'
- Zoe Cassavetes Ponders Plight Of The L.A. Actress In 'Day Out Of Days'
- Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children' Pacts With Secret-Spiller Whisper
- Cara Delevingne Circling Beach Boys Musical 'All Summer Long'