Mike and Sully will take their college shenanigans to the Far East this month. The Shanghai International Film Festival has picked Pixar’s sequel to open its 16th edition on June 15. Monsters University will be the first 3D or animated pic to christen the fest. Disney opens the film, which reunites lead voices Billy Crystal and John Goodman from the 2001 original, on June 21 stateside. Walt Disney Studios also will screen 16 Pixar shorts during the Shanghai fest, including Partly Cloudy, La Luna, Luxo Jr. and The Blue Umbrella, along with Frankenweenie and the 3D version of Pixar’s Finding Nemo.
‘Monsters University’ Set To Kick Off 16th Shanghai Film Festival
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'
- Brad Pitt's Plan B To Receive PGA's 2015 Visionary Award
- 'The Omen' & 'The Krays' Billie Whitelaw Dead At 82
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'