Mike and Sully will take their college shenanigans to the Far East this month. The Shanghai International Film Festival has picked Pixar’s sequel to open its 16th edition on June 15. Monsters University will be the first 3D or animated pic to christen the fest. Disney opens the film, which reunites lead voices Billy Crystal and John Goodman from the 2001 original, on June 21 stateside. Walt Disney Studios also will screen 16 Pixar shorts during the Shanghai fest, including Partly Cloudy, La Luna, Luxo Jr. and The Blue Umbrella, along with Frankenweenie and the 3D version of Pixar’s Finding Nemo.
‘Monsters University’ Set To Kick Off 16th Shanghai Film Festival
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Paramount Sets October 'Men, Women & Children' Dates
- Ving Rhames Boards 'Operator'; 'Threshold' Ramps Up; Five Join 'Clavius'
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'