Mike and Sully will take their college shenanigans to the Far East this month. The Shanghai International Film Festival has picked Pixar’s sequel to open its 16th edition on June 15. Monsters University will be the first 3D or animated pic to christen the fest. Disney opens the film, which reunites lead voices Billy Crystal and John Goodman from the 2001 original, on June 21 stateside. Walt Disney Studios also will screen 16 Pixar shorts during the Shanghai fest, including Partly Cloudy, La Luna, Luxo Jr. and The Blue Umbrella, along with Frankenweenie and the 3D version of Pixar’s Finding Nemo.
‘Monsters University’ Set To Kick Off 16th Shanghai Film Festival
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Paul Rudd, Steve Coogan To Share ‘An Ideal Home’ – Berlin
- Charlotte Rampling To Star With Josh Hartnett In ‘Valley of the Gods’ – Berlin
- ‘Kill Me, Deadly’ Trailer: ‘Criminal Minds’ Crew’s Noir Comedy Gets April 1 Release Date
- Film Movement Bringing France’s ‘My King’ To U.S.
- Universal Wins ‘The Grownup’; ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Voting Begins As Contenders Make Final Pitch