With Up All Night put to sleep, creator-writer Emily Spivey is moving into the multiple households of ABC’s three-time defending Emmy champ. The ex-Saturday Night Live-er joined Modern Family patriarch 20th Century Fox Television in February, inking a two-year overall deal two months after leaving NBC’s wobbling Christina Applegate-Will Arnett sitcom. Modern Family executive producer/writer Danny Zuker tweeted the Emmy-winning Spivey’s hiring Monday.
‘Modern Family’ Welcomes A New Member: Writer Emily Spivey
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'