With Up All Night put to sleep, creator-writer Emily Spivey is moving into the multiple households of ABC’s three-time defending Emmy champ. The ex-Saturday Night Live-er joined Modern Family patriarch 20th Century Fox Television in February, inking a two-year overall deal two months after leaving NBC’s wobbling Christina Applegate-Will Arnett sitcom. Modern Family executive producer/writer Danny Zuker tweeted the Emmy-winning Spivey’s hiring Monday.
‘Modern Family’ Welcomes A New Member: Writer Emily Spivey
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Oscar De La Renta Dies: Fashion Icon Was 82 – Update
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'