EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Films has acquired Criminal, a spec script by Douglas Cook & David Weisberg, who are best known for The Rock. This one is an action movie about the right man in the wrong body. In a last-ditch effort to stop a diabolical plot, a dead CIA operative’s memories, secrets and skills are implanted into an unpredictable and dangerous prison inmate in hopes that he will complete the operative’s mission. JC Spink, Chris Bender and Mark Gill are producing. Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson, John Thompson, Christa Campbell, Lati Grobman, Christine Crow and Jake Weiner are executive producers. Millennium is giving this one the fast-track treatment it gave Olympus Has Fallen, which went from script acquisition to screen in 13 months. That $70 million budget film has crossed the $160 million global gross mark with enough territories ahead to feel optimistic it will cross $200 million on the Antoine Fuqua-directed Gerard Butler-starrer. Adam Kanter of Resolution and JC Spink represented the writers. Allison Binder represented BenderSpink.
Millennium Films Acquires Douglas Cook & David Weisberg Spec ‘Criminal’
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Caitlyn Jenner Slams Donald Trump Over Transgender Military Ban; Hollywood Reacts To POTUS Tweets - Update
'Feud' Lawsuit Feud Escalates As Fox Refutes Olivia de Havilland's Legal Move Against Ryan Murphy & FX - Update
Latest Film News
- Vladar Company & Generation Iron Fitness Network Pump Bodybuilding Doc ‘Ronnie Coleman The King’
- ‘Ask For Jane’: Competing Underground Abortion Project Underway
- Sony Pictures Classics Will Win Annette Bening-Starrer ‘Film Stars Don’t Die In Liverpool’
- Who’s On The James Bond Director Short List?
- ‘The Star’ Trailer: Animals Save The First Christmas In The Greatest Story Never Told
- Verve Launches Communications Arm, Hires Sarah Shulman To Run It