EXCLUSIVE: Millennium Films has acquired Criminal, a spec script by Douglas Cook & David Weisberg, who are best known for The Rock. This one is an action movie about the right man in the wrong body. In a last-ditch effort to stop a diabolical plot, a dead CIA operative’s memories, secrets and skills are implanted into an unpredictable and dangerous prison inmate in hopes that he will complete the operative’s mission. JC Spink, Chris Bender and Mark Gill are producing. Avi Lerner, Trevor Short, Boaz Davidson, John Thompson, Christa Campbell, Lati Grobman, Christine Crow and Jake Weiner are executive producers. Millennium is giving this one the fast-track treatment it gave Olympus Has Fallen, which went from script acquisition to screen in 13 months. That $70 million budget film has crossed the $160 million global gross mark with enough territories ahead to feel optimistic it will cross $200 million on the Antoine Fuqua-directed Gerard Butler-starrer. Adam Kanter of Resolution and JC Spink represented the writers. Allison Binder represented BenderSpink.
Millennium Films Acquires Douglas Cook & David Weisberg Spec ‘Criminal’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest