Principal photography on Hercules has begun in Budapest, Hungary. The film, starring Dwayne Johnson and Ian McShane is based on the graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars. The ensemble action film is a revisionist take on the classic myth set in a grounded world where the supernatural does not exist. Brett Ratner is directing from a screenplay by Ryan Condal and Evan Spiliotopoulos. Ratner also is producing with Beau Flynn (Journey 2: The Mysterious Island). Rufus Sewell, Peter Mullan, John Hurt also star in the ensemble cast that includes Rebecca Ferguson, Ingrid Bolso Berdal, Aksel Hennie and Reece Ritchie. Hercules will be distributed worldwide by Paramount Pictures on July 25, 2014, with select international territories as well as all television distribution being handled by MGM.
MGM, Paramount Start Shooting Dwayne Johnson-Starrer ‘Hercules’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises
- AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
- Hot Trailer: 'Innocence'
- ABC Reveals New Logo For 'The View', Teases In-The-Round Set
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'