Principal photography on Hercules has begun in Budapest, Hungary. The film, starring Dwayne Johnson and Ian McShane is based on the graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars. The ensemble action film is a revisionist take on the classic myth set in a grounded world where the supernatural does not exist. Brett Ratner is directing from a screenplay by Ryan Condal and Evan Spiliotopoulos. Ratner also is producing with Beau Flynn (Journey 2: The Mysterious Island). Rufus Sewell, Peter Mullan, John Hurt also star in the ensemble cast that includes Rebecca Ferguson, Ingrid Bolso Berdal, Aksel Hennie and Reece Ritchie. Hercules will be distributed worldwide by Paramount Pictures on July 25, 2014, with select international territories as well as all television distribution being handled by MGM.
MGM, Paramount Start Shooting Dwayne Johnson-Starrer ‘Hercules’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Damien Chazelle’s ‘La La Land’, An Ode To Musicals, Romance & L.A., Ready To Launch Venice And…
- Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ To World Premiere As AFI Fest Opening Night
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- Austin Film Festival Lines Up Writers Conference, Packs In A-List Talent From Film and TV
- Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Dennis Quaid Topline Sci-Fi ‘Kin’