Principal photography on Hercules has begun in Budapest, Hungary. The film, starring Dwayne Johnson and Ian McShane is based on the graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars. The ensemble action film is a revisionist take on the classic myth set in a grounded world where the supernatural does not exist. Brett Ratner is directing from a screenplay by Ryan Condal and Evan Spiliotopoulos. Ratner also is producing with Beau Flynn (Journey 2: The Mysterious Island). Rufus Sewell, Peter Mullan, John Hurt also star in the ensemble cast that includes Rebecca Ferguson, Ingrid Bolso Berdal, Aksel Hennie and Reece Ritchie. Hercules will be distributed worldwide by Paramount Pictures on July 25, 2014, with select international territories as well as all television distribution being handled by MGM.
MGM, Paramount Start Shooting Dwayne Johnson-Starrer ‘Hercules’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor