Principal photography on Hercules has begun in Budapest, Hungary. The film, starring Dwayne Johnson and Ian McShane is based on the graphic novel Hercules: The Thracian Wars. The ensemble action film is a revisionist take on the classic myth set in a grounded world where the supernatural does not exist. Brett Ratner is directing from a screenplay by Ryan Condal and Evan Spiliotopoulos. Ratner also is producing with Beau Flynn (Journey 2: The Mysterious Island). Rufus Sewell, Peter Mullan, John Hurt also star in the ensemble cast that includes Rebecca Ferguson, Ingrid Bolso Berdal, Aksel Hennie and Reece Ritchie. Hercules will be distributed worldwide by Paramount Pictures on July 25, 2014, with select international territories as well as all television distribution being handled by MGM.
MGM, Paramount Start Shooting Dwayne Johnson-Starrer ‘Hercules’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Paramount Beats Class Action Lawsuit Over Credit Checks For Job Applicants
- Fox Searchlight Picks Up ‘He Named Me Malala’ About Youngest Nobel Winner
- DreamWorks Animation Shares Score On ‘Home,’ But Is It Enough?
- ‘Cinderella’ Returns To Top Of Offshore Box Office; ‘Home’ Rounds $48M – Update
- New ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser: Bystanders Carried Off By Pterosaurs
- Bart & Fleming: A Mea Culpa; Frank Sinatra Re-Cast; Tent Pole Assembly Line