Oscar winner Melissa Leo has signed on for Mark Webber’s third directorial effort. A hard examination of a marriage, The Ever After also stars Webber and Warm Bodies’ Teresa Palmer in the lead roles from a script the duo wrote together. Rosario Dawson, rapper Kid Cudi, Phoebe Tonkin and Hart of Dixies’ Jaime King are also in talks to join the film. Webber’s sophomore directorial effort The End of Love was nominated for a Sundance 2012 Grand Jury Prize and the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World actors’ helming debut Explicit Ills won SXSW’s Audience Award back in 2008. While details of Leo’s role in The Ever After are sketchy she is playing a mystical individual who has a profound impact on Webber and Palmer’s character’s relationship. The news of Leo joining The Ever After comes just a week after it was announced that The Fighter actress had joined Denzel Washington in The Equalizer. Leo is also set to star in After Earth director M. Night Shyamalan’s Fox event series Wayward Pines, which is scheduled for a fall 2014. Leo will be seen soon in the Lee Daniels-directed White House saga The Butler, and in the final season of HBO’s Treme, which is back in late October. Leo is represented by CAA and Untitled.
Melissa Leo Joins Mark Webber’s ‘The Ever After’; Rosario Dawson In Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Kyle Bornheimer Joins Netflix’s ‘Little Evil’; Mira Sorvino Goes ‘Behind The Glass’
- ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Adds ‘Emerald City’s Adria Arjona