Oscar winner Melissa Leo has signed on for Mark Webber’s third directorial effort. A hard examination of a marriage, The Ever After also stars Webber and Warm Bodies’ Teresa Palmer in the lead roles from a script the duo wrote together. Rosario Dawson, rapper Kid Cudi, Phoebe Tonkin and Hart of Dixies’ Jaime King are also in talks to join the film. Webber’s sophomore directorial effort The End of Love was nominated for a Sundance 2012 Grand Jury Prize and the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World actors’ helming debut Explicit Ills won SXSW’s Audience Award back in 2008. While details of Leo’s role in The Ever After are sketchy she is playing a mystical individual who has a profound impact on Webber and Palmer’s character’s relationship. The news of Leo joining The Ever After comes just a week after it was announced that The Fighter actress had joined Denzel Washington in The Equalizer. Leo is also set to star in After Earth director M. Night Shyamalan’s Fox event series Wayward Pines, which is scheduled for a fall 2014. Leo will be seen soon in the Lee Daniels-directed White House saga The Butler, and in the final season of HBO’s Treme, which is back in late October. Leo is represented by CAA and Untitled.
Melissa Leo Joins Mark Webber’s ‘The Ever After’; Rosario Dawson In Talks
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’