Smash standout Megan Hilty will be returning to NBC’s primetime next fall with a co-starring role opposite Sean Hayes in the new multi-camera comedy series Sean Saves The World. Created by Victor Fresco, the comedy, from Universal TV and Hayes and Todd Milliner’s Hazy Mills, centers on Sean (Hayes), who must figure out how to parent his 14-year-old daughter (Samantha Isler), who just moved in, while navigating a temperamental new boss (Thomas Lennon) at work. In a recasting, Hilty will play Liz, Sean’s long-time loyal friend, a former therapist, with whom he also works. She replaces Lindsay Sloane, who played the role in the pilot. Sean Saves The World reunites Hilty with Hayes who did an arc on Smash. She is with Gersh and Perennial Entertainment.
Megan Hilty To Co-Star On New NBC Comedy Series ‘Sean Saves The World’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'