This is the first time in the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s 48-year history of its telethons that it will broadcast on a single television network. The two-hour MDA Show of Strength Telethon will air on ABC on Sunday, September 1 from 9-11 PM ET, with proceeds going to help children and adults affected by progressive muscle diseases. The show has seen its length cut over the years, when it partnered with various network affiliates for the annual broadcast. It’s also moving on without Jerry Lewis, who had fronted the event for 45 years until he parted with the organization in 2011. There was no mention of him in today’s release announcing the ABC deal.
ABC Inks Deal With MDA Telethon
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way