This is the first time in the Muscular Dystrophy Association’s 48-year history of its telethons that it will broadcast on a single television network. The two-hour MDA Show of Strength Telethon will air on ABC on Sunday, September 1 from 9-11 PM ET, with proceeds going to help children and adults affected by progressive muscle diseases. The show has seen its length cut over the years, when it partnered with various network affiliates for the annual broadcast. It’s also moving on without Jerry Lewis, who had fronted the event for 45 years until he parted with the organization in 2011. There was no mention of him in today’s release announcing the ABC deal.
ABC Inks Deal With MDA Telethon
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Says Yes To No. 1, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, 'St. Vincent,' 'Birdman' Expansion Results - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC