Ripper Street‘s Matthew Macfadyen and Episodes‘ Stephen Mangan are set to star in Perfect Nonsense, a new take on the works of P.G. Wodehouse. The play will see Mangan as bumbling fop Bertie Wooster and Macfadyen as his brilliant butler Jeeves. Wodehouse first created the characters in 1915 and they’ve been portrayed on stage and screen going back to 1935. More recently, Stephen Fry played Jeeves to Hugh Laurie’s Bertie in the cult 1990s ITV series Jeeves & Wooster. Tony and Olivier Award nominee Sean Foley is directing Perfect Nonsense with previews starting in the UK in October. There’s no word yet on a Stateside transfer. Foley’s I Can’t Sing! — The X Factor Musical, produced by Simon Cowell’s Syco, is gearing up for a March 2014 rollout in London.
Matthew Macfadyen, Stephen Mangan Pair As Jeeves & Wooster For West End Play
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- STX Entertainment Pacts With China’s Huayi Bros For 12-15 Pics Per Year
- Exit Hugh Jackman, Enter Josephine Baker: Cush Jumbo’s Changing Times
- ‘American Sniper’ Helmer Clint Eastwood Finds Jewell Project; Can Fox And Warner Bros Work It Out?
- Antonio Banderas In ‘The 33′ Trailer: “I Believe We’ll Make It Out Of Here!”
- HBO Scientology Documentary ‘Going Clear’ Clocks 1.65M Viewers In Premiere
- Electric Entertainment Taps Craig Gates; Tyler Ross Books ‘Officer Downe’