Ripper Street‘s Matthew Macfadyen and Episodes‘ Stephen Mangan are set to star in Perfect Nonsense, a new take on the works of P.G. Wodehouse. The play will see Mangan as bumbling fop Bertie Wooster and Macfadyen as his brilliant butler Jeeves. Wodehouse first created the characters in 1915 and they’ve been portrayed on stage and screen going back to 1935. More recently, Stephen Fry played Jeeves to Hugh Laurie’s Bertie in the cult 1990s ITV series Jeeves & Wooster. Tony and Olivier Award nominee Sean Foley is directing Perfect Nonsense with previews starting in the UK in October. There’s no word yet on a Stateside transfer. Foley’s I Can’t Sing! — The X Factor Musical, produced by Simon Cowell’s Syco, is gearing up for a March 2014 rollout in London.
Matthew Macfadyen, Stephen Mangan Pair As Jeeves & Wooster For West End Play
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group