Warner Bros Pictures and co-financier Legendary Pictures said today that its Superman reboot earned more than $500 million worldwide Saturday with some international territories still to open. Warner Bros Pictures President of Domestic Distribution Dan Fellman and President of International Distribution Veronika Kwan Vandenberg said 3D Man Of Steel has earned $248.7M domestically and $271.7M internationally for a worldwide total of $520.4M to date. It opened #1 in the U.S. and Canada with the biggest June release ever and also #1 one in many international territories and continues its roll out with record-breaking bows. The film is still to open in Brazil and Japan. The PG-13 film continues to set records worldwide in IMAX theatres, where it has earned an estimated $27M domestically and $18.9M internationally for a worldwide total of $45.9 million. “This success for Man of Steel is a great 75th birthday present for this iconic character. The film took Superman back to his roots for a new generation of moviegoers, who have once again embraced Krypton and Kansas’ favorite son,” Fellman said in the official statement. “The film’s strong CinemaScore tells us that word of mouth should keep the Man Of Steel flying through the summer.” The studio thanked director Zach Snyder profusely but didn’t mention Christopher Nolan, who mentored and produced and co-wrote the story as well as handpicked Snyder, or screenwriter David S Goyer. Both Snyder and Goyer are prepping the sequel.
‘Man Of Steel’ Passes Half Billion Global
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday…
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office
- Review: Lerner & Loewe’s Golden ‘Brigadoon’ With Kelli O’Hara and Aasif Mandvi
- How MoviePass Is Girding For The Massive ‘Last Jedi’ Holiday B.O. Season: CEO Says “Exhibitors Should Be Thrilled”…
- Fandango Reports Sensational Advance Group Ticket Sales For ‘Wonder’