Warner Bros‘ highflying Superman reboot will open June 20 in the world’s most populous country, a China Film Group subsidiary said today. Man Of Steel, the superhero tentpole starring Henry Cavill in the tights and cape, should have little trouble dominating the Chinese box office that first week, but home-field advantage could give a couple of rivals an edge after that. Beijing native Jet Li’s latest action comedy Badges Of Fury comes out June 28, followed a week later by the martial arts actioner Man Of Tai Chi, a U.S.-China co-production starring Keanu Reeves in his directing debut. Zack Snyder‘s Man Of Steel hits some other Asian markets — including South Korea, Thailand and Singapore — on June 13, a day before it takes flight in the US.
‘Man Of Steel’ Will Land In China Within A Week Of Its US Release
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video
- Legendary Options Andrew Pyper's 'The Damned'
- Channing Tatum, Craig Zadan & Neil Meron Launch 'Team Oscar'
- Bryan Singer Sex Abuse Accuser Indicted For Fraud
- FilmBuff To Bow Matthew Gray Gubler & Kat Dennings Starrer 'Suburban Gothic'
- Shonda Rhimes To Receive WGA West's 2015 Paddy Chayefsky Laurel Award For TV