Warner Bros‘ highflying Superman reboot will open June 20 in the world’s most populous country, a China Film Group subsidiary said today. Man Of Steel, the superhero tentpole starring Henry Cavill in the tights and cape, should have little trouble dominating the Chinese box office that first week, but home-field advantage could give a couple of rivals an edge after that. Beijing native Jet Li’s latest action comedy Badges Of Fury comes out June 28, followed a week later by the martial arts actioner Man Of Tai Chi, a U.S.-China co-production starring Keanu Reeves in his directing debut. Zack Snyder‘s Man Of Steel hits some other Asian markets — including South Korea, Thailand and Singapore — on June 13, a day before it takes flight in the US.
‘Man Of Steel’ Will Land In China Within A Week Of Its US Release
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'
- NBC Finishes No. 1 In 18-49 Demo For 2013-14 Primetime Season