Warner Bros‘ highflying Superman reboot will open June 20 in the world’s most populous country, a China Film Group subsidiary said today. Man Of Steel, the superhero tentpole starring Henry Cavill in the tights and cape, should have little trouble dominating the Chinese box office that first week, but home-field advantage could give a couple of rivals an edge after that. Beijing native Jet Li’s latest action comedy Badges Of Fury comes out June 28, followed a week later by the martial arts actioner Man Of Tai Chi, a U.S.-China co-production starring Keanu Reeves in his directing debut. Zack Snyder‘s Man Of Steel hits some other Asian markets — including South Korea, Thailand and Singapore — on June 13, a day before it takes flight in the US.
‘Man Of Steel’ Will Land In China Within A Week Of Its US Release
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- Oscar Best Picture Smackdown: Deadline’s Pete Hammond Vs Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Both Asking, “What The Hell Is Going On?”…
- Four Studios Bidding On ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn’s Short Story ‘The Grownup’: Hot Package…
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps An Unusually Strong Best Actress Race – AwardsLine
- Peter Bart: Oscar Trail Is Long And Winding For The Smart Filmmakers Of ‘Spotlight’ and ‘The Big Short…
- Les Moonves Says He Has “Free Rein” To Run CBS, But Likes “Stability”
- Endurance Media Taps Steve Barnett As Production Prexy, Acquires Trio Of Scripts