Warner Bros‘ highflying Superman reboot will open June 20 in the world’s most populous country, a China Film Group subsidiary said today. Man Of Steel, the superhero tentpole starring Henry Cavill in the tights and cape, should have little trouble dominating the Chinese box office that first week, but home-field advantage could give a couple of rivals an edge after that. Beijing native Jet Li’s latest action comedy Badges Of Fury comes out June 28, followed a week later by the martial arts actioner Man Of Tai Chi, a U.S.-China co-production starring Keanu Reeves in his directing debut. Zack Snyder‘s Man Of Steel hits some other Asian markets — including South Korea, Thailand and Singapore — on June 13, a day before it takes flight in the US.
‘Man Of Steel’ Will Land In China Within A Week Of Its US Release
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- AFI Directing Workshop For Women Announces Episodic Program
- Hot Trailer: 'Innocence'
- ABC Reveals New Logo For 'The View', Teases In-The-Round Set
- Hot Trailer: Jazz Docu 'Keep On Keepin' On'
- Sundance Institute Taps 10 For Docu Music And Sound Design Lab
- Brian Huskey Set For ABC's 'Selfie'; Rebecca Forsythe Joins 'Members Only'