Warner Bros‘ highflying Superman reboot will open June 20 in the world’s most populous country, a China Film Group subsidiary said today. Man Of Steel, the superhero tentpole starring Henry Cavill in the tights and cape, should have little trouble dominating the Chinese box office that first week, but home-field advantage could give a couple of rivals an edge after that. Beijing native Jet Li’s latest action comedy Badges Of Fury comes out June 28, followed a week later by the martial arts actioner Man Of Tai Chi, a U.S.-China co-production starring Keanu Reeves in his directing debut. Zack Snyder‘s Man Of Steel hits some other Asian markets — including South Korea, Thailand and Singapore — on June 13, a day before it takes flight in the US.
‘Man Of Steel’ Will Land In China Within A Week Of Its US Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Takes “Full Responsibility” For Best Picture Blunder In New Apology
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- U.S. State Department Deletes Tweet Congratulating Iranian Director After ‘Salesman’ Oscar Win
- Jaime King To Stir It Up In ‘How To Cook Your Daughter’
- Netflix Sees $1.5B Lawsuit From Relativity Slimmed Down By Judge