Warner Bros Pictures‘ Superman reboot Man Of Steel doesn’t open nationwide until June 14 and in more limited release a day earlier for late shows. But as of 10 AM today, the Chris Nolan-mentored, Zack Snyder-directed, Henry Cavill-starring tentpole became the top ticket-seller on Fandango. It’s already outselling this weekend’s new releases, Twentieth Century Fox’s The Internship and Universal’s The Purge. And, in terms of advance ticket sales, Man Of Steel is outpacing the previous Summer 2013 movies at the same point in the sales cycle. Hollywood for months now has been buzzing that the movie studio’s big gamble will be one of this summer’s biggest grossing mega-hits. Now, finally, here’s some early proof.
‘Man Of Steel’ #1 Ticket-Seller Online Today
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest