EXCLUSIVE: Krysten Ritter has joined Christoph Waltz and Amy Adams in Big Eyes. The Tim Burton-directed film is about Margaret and Walter Keane, the married couple whose paintings of large-eyed children became one of the first mass-marketed art sensations of the 1950s and ’60s. Adams plays the San Francisco housewife who actually generated the paintings. Her husband (Waltz) was a charismatic marketing wiz who went on talk shows claiming he was also responsible for the brush strokes. The movie is about how Margaret came out of her shell to try and claim the credit she deserved, after they split up. Ritter, most recently seen as the title character in Don’t Trust The B____ In Apt. 23 and in Breaking Bad, will play DeeAnn, the free-spirited confidante to Margaret who tries to coax her friend to come out of her shy shell. Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski wrote the script and The Weinstein Company is financing and distributing. Alexander, Karaszewski, Burton and Electric City Entertainment’s Lynette Howell are producing the film, which begins production this summer. Ritter is repped by WME, is co-managed by The Group Entertainment and Sanders Armstrong Caserta, and lawyered by Dave Feldman.
Krysten Ritter Joins Tim Burton’s ‘Big Eyes’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Fleming Jr
- RatPac Entertainment Sets Paul Neinstein To Be COO
- Toronto: 'The Dead Lands' Acquired By Magnet In NA Rights Deal
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Katey Sagal Mothers Vinny Pazienza In Fight Pic 'Bleed For This'
- 'Ben-Hur' Remake: 'Boardwalk Empire's Jack Huston Lands Title Role
- Toronto: Andrew Garfield-Michael Shannon Starrer '99 Homes' Sells To Broad Green Pictures In $3 Million Deal
- 'Skull Island:' Tom Hiddleston Stars In King Kong Origin Tale