EXCLUSIVE: TV Land‘s upcoming sitcom Kirstie already is reuniting two stars of Cheers, Kirstie Alley and Rhea Perlman. Now it is bringing back together two of the leads of another iconic NBC sitcom, Seinfeld. Jason Alexander has signed on for a guest (and potential recurring) role on Kirstie, joining his Seinfeld cohort Michael Richards who is a regular on the show. Kirstie centers around Broadway star Madison Banks (Alley) whose life turns upside down when Arlo (Eric Petersen), the son she gave up at birth, suddenly appears, hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. Alexander will play Maddie’s agent. Perlman stars as Maddie’s assistant and best friend alongside Richards as Maddie’s outlandish driver. “It is a strange and wonderful thing to be working on a brand new show yet surrounded by familiar faces and friends,” Alexander said. Alley, Perlman, Richards and Alexander are back together after sharing NBC’s Thursday 9 PM hour as Cheers helped launch Seinfeld before the Jerry Seinfeld/Larry David series succeeded the Boston bar sitcom as the peacock network’s flagship comedy. Kirstie is written and executive produced by Marco Pennette and is also executive produced by Kirstie Alley and Jason Weinberg.
‘Kirstie’ Stages ‘Seinfeld’ Reunion With Jason Alexander Guest Stint
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest TV News
- Hillary Clinton Rips Donald Trump For “Bigotry & Bombast” In DNC Speech
- Hollywood Reacts To Hillary Clinton DNC Speech: Making History Leads Way Amid Jokes & Jibes
- Watch Tonight's Hillary Clinton DNC Video By ‘Scandal’ EPs
- PBS’ ‘The Talk’ Panel: The Issue Of Police Violence Front And Center – TCA
- Corporate Lawyers: Best Friend To Stephen Colbert Fans?
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA