EXCLUSIVE: TV Land‘s upcoming sitcom Kirstie already is reuniting two stars of Cheers, Kirstie Alley and Rhea Perlman. Now it is bringing back together two of the leads of another iconic NBC sitcom, Seinfeld. Jason Alexander has signed on for a guest (and potential recurring) role on Kirstie, joining his Seinfeld cohort Michael Richards who is a regular on the show. Kirstie centers around Broadway star Madison Banks (Alley) whose life turns upside down when Arlo (Eric Petersen), the son she gave up at birth, suddenly appears, hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. Alexander will play Maddie’s agent. Perlman stars as Maddie’s assistant and best friend alongside Richards as Maddie’s outlandish driver. “It is a strange and wonderful thing to be working on a brand new show yet surrounded by familiar faces and friends,” Alexander said. Alley, Perlman, Richards and Alexander are back together after sharing NBC’s Thursday 9 PM hour as Cheers helped launch Seinfeld before the Jerry Seinfeld/Larry David series succeeded the Boston bar sitcom as the peacock network’s flagship comedy. Kirstie is written and executive produced by Marco Pennette and is also executive produced by Kirstie Alley and Jason Weinberg.
‘Kirstie’ Stages ‘Seinfeld’ Reunion With Jason Alexander Guest Stint
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- ‘L.A. Confidential’: Brian J. Smith To Star In CBS Drama Pilot
- ‘Unsolved’ Review: Tupac & Notorious B.I.G. Murder Drama A Mic Drop For USA
- Seth Gordon To Direct ‘Dan The Weatherman’ Fox Comedy Pilot
- ‘Scandal’ Star Bellamy Young To Topline ABC Comedic Soap Pilot ‘False Profits’
- Donald Trump Points Finger At Movies, Video Games During Gun Violence Meeting
- Liz Gateley Exits As Lifetime Head Of Programming; Tanya Lopez Promoted & fyi’s Gena McCarthy Adds Lifetime Duties