EXCLUSIVE: TV Land‘s upcoming sitcom Kirstie already is reuniting two stars of Cheers, Kirstie Alley and Rhea Perlman. Now it is bringing back together two of the leads of another iconic NBC sitcom, Seinfeld. Jason Alexander has signed on for a guest (and potential recurring) role on Kirstie, joining his Seinfeld cohort Michael Richards who is a regular on the show. Kirstie centers around Broadway star Madison Banks (Alley) whose life turns upside down when Arlo (Eric Petersen), the son she gave up at birth, suddenly appears, hoping to connect after his adoptive parents have died. Alexander will play Maddie’s agent. Perlman stars as Maddie’s assistant and best friend alongside Richards as Maddie’s outlandish driver. “It is a strange and wonderful thing to be working on a brand new show yet surrounded by familiar faces and friends,” Alexander said. Alley, Perlman, Richards and Alexander are back together after sharing NBC’s Thursday 9 PM hour as Cheers helped launch Seinfeld before the Jerry Seinfeld/Larry David series succeeded the Boston bar sitcom as the peacock network’s flagship comedy. Kirstie is written and executive produced by Marco Pennette and is also executive produced by Kirstie Alley and Jason Weinberg.
‘Kirstie’ Stages ‘Seinfeld’ Reunion With Jason Alexander Guest Stint
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Turteltaub Producing CBS Family Comedy
- HBO & Playtone Take On Battle Against Offshoring With 'Factory Man' Miniseries
- Grant Gish Upped To VP Animation At 20th Century Fox TV
- Amazon Orders Soccer Kids Comedy Pilot 'The Kicks'
- NBC Eyes Horror Anthology Series From Jason Blum, Tony Krantz & Endemol
- Peter Segal To Direct & Executive Produce MTV's Ken Jeong Comedy Pilot